Sunday, October 13, 2013

Puppy Kisses, Fall colors, Pumpkin Bread, and Frisbee Fun!!!

I am exhausted, but I couldn't be happier. I went home this weekend to visit my family and to celebrate my dad's birthday. Unfortunately my dad was really sick and not feeling good for most of the weekend so he was cooped up inside. But I was determined to make the most of the beautiful weather. I spent most of the weekend outside with my puppy Cora running, playing Frisbee, and sharing lots of laughs and puppy kisses of course!! I wish I could rewind the weekend to enjoy it for just a bit longer.

I should rewind to the start of my weekend so it makes the most sense. Luckily I don't have Friday classes, and my last class gets out at 2:15 on Thursday so right after class I booked it back to my car and headed home. It's not a terrible drive home, and the fall colors were beautiful to look at as I drove. The time flew by quickly as I rocked out to Carrie Underwood and NSYNC. I arrived home about dinner time and wasted no time getting caught up with my family, and being showered with puppy kisses. After dinner I made my family a loaf of my delicious pumpkin bread and spent the rest of the night relaxing and watching hockey. 

Friday I got up bright and early like normal worked out, had breakfast, and helped my mom do some errands, namely getting my dad a few birthday presents. After coming home I spent the rest of the day running and playing with my puppy outside. Cora is just shy of ten months old so she has endless energy. Her favorite game is Frisbee, but she loves it when I chase her around the yard to try and get the frisbee back from her. I got an added workout plus I had a blast with my puppy. 
I got to enjoy a beautiful sunset over the lake which always makes me feel more at home. It was the perfect end to a perfect day!!

Saturday I spent time with my dad, poor guy didn't even get to enjoy his birthday celebration because he was so sick!! Again, Cora and I spent a large part of the day playing Frisbee and chase outside and just enjoying the beautiful fall colors. At night I cut, baked, and bagged spaghetti squash to be frozen for later use. I couldn't even get a good picture of the spaghetti squash because my camera kept getting steamed up!!

The fall colors were so beautiful at home, especially by the lake that I didn't want to leave!! I also didn't want to leave my puppy. I wish I could spend all day running with her and playing Frisbee. She is so spoiled and she knows it!!
I miss my pup already!!
Saturday night we gave my dad his presents, and it was fun to see him open them (even if he was sick). After opening his presents he spent the rest of the night watching football any other guy. 

I headed back to school early Sunday morning to beat the crowds grocery shopping. I loathe grocery shopping on the first day of the sale. Everyone and their mother is out grocery shopping and the store is always packed. Luckily I was able to beat the crowds and get out fairly quickly. I had a quick lunch of cottage cheese and fruit while I unpacked, then I spent the afternoon studying for my exam tomorrow. 

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and I can't wait to share a bunch of awesome recipes with you this week!! Enjoy the last few hours of your Sunday!! 

XOXO,
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment