Monday, October 21, 2013

The Sunday Special!!

This past weekend has been crazy!! It was jammed packed from start to finish and while it was exhausting I got a lot accomplished. Sunday I was beat from studying all weekend for exams this week and from baking a ton on Saturday (Be sure to check out the blueberry chia seed muffin recipe I posted!), but I wanted to do something special for lunch. I invented my own Sunday special of sorts for lunch. While it was nothing overly fancy it was a welcomed change for lunch.

I decided to cook salmon, if you want to keep the salmon fairly plain click here for directions on how to bake it. I also cooked up a cup of green beans, which I sprinkled with pinch of garlic salt and added a few slivered almonds to spice things up. Click here for directions on how to cook green beans.

I wanted to make sure my plate was colorful and consisted of more than a vegetable and protein. I cut up six medium sized strawberries and served them along with the salmon and green beans. Strawberries contain natural sugars so they help satisfy the sweet tooth, but in a way that is guilt free!!

Finally as a treat, and an added source of protein, I had a banana flaxseed cracker. I added a little PB2 on top as a bonus. I just posted my recipe for banana flaxseed crackers so be sure to check it out. They are super easy to make and they only contain two ingredients!!

While my Sunday special was nothing overly fancy it was nice to have something different for lunch. My plate was bursting with color, which is always a good thing, and I got to enjoy a delicious and nutritious meal. Here's to a great week ahead and to studying hard for math exams!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment