Friday, November 22, 2013

Keeping My Sights Focused

Happy Friday! It's officially the weekend and while most of my friends are kicking back relaxing I'm writing a major research paper for one of my classes. Haven't I mentioned how much I hate this time of the semester? At least the end is in sight. Once I'm done with this paper, which is not only my final for the class, but also counts for 40% of my grade (no pressure or anything), I can officially mentally check out of the class. I also have math project to get to this weekend, the joys of being an overworked college student. 

I have been extremely lazy today in the food department, writing all day fries my brain and my motivation. For lunch I sliced up a few strawberries and made a PB2 sandwich. On the sandwich, two pieces of 35 calorie whole grain Aunt Millies bread because all my flax seed bread is gone, I smeared two tablespoons of PB2 and a tablespoon of organic honey. Half of the sandwich I left as a PB2 and honey, but the other half I cut up 1/3 of a banana and put the slices between the two pieces of bread. I also had some almond milk.



This afternoon while writing my paper I made myself a cup of my favorite tea, chia spiced decaf tea. If you've never had it you need to try it!! It is so good!! It is really cheap and can be found at almost any grocery store. It has a cinnamony flavor to it and is loaded with antioxidants.


I had gone grocery shopping this morning so I picked up a salad at the grocery store for dinner which I added some extra fruit into. Normally I would make my own salad because it is cheaper but I splurged.


The salad is a mix of romaine lettuce and a spring mix. It also has peaches, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and pecans. With the fruit the salad was already sweet so I did not add any dressing. I also had a veggie bowl that had cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, and cucumber in it. In the picture I hadn't piled on all the veggies yet so some of the veggies are not in the picture. 


Sorry for the rather boring post, while writing for my blog is significantly more enjoyable than writing a research paper my brain is still fried. If anyone wants to finish writing and editing my research paper for me I would bake you delicious healthy treats!! I guess I should get back to writing my paper. Have an awesome Friday night and be sure to check out the recipe that I posted this morning for a chocolate, PB2, and banana snack wrap!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment