Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year Adventures

Happy 2014 everyone! This year my New Year's Eve was very low key. I stayed home with my family and quietly rang in the New Year. While it wasn't the most exciting New Year's Eve ever I had to save up my energy for the next day.


New Year's Day my cousin braved the cold and snowy weather to make the long drive to Ann Arbor for the 2014 NHL Winter Classic. We ended up having to park over a mile from the stadium, which wouldn't have been bad had the shuttles been running, but they weren't. Bundled up in six layers of pants with snowpants, a very warm jacket, heavy duty snow boots, a scarf, two hats, and two layers of gloves we made the hike, most of which was uphill with sidewalks that had not been shoveled. 


Even though we were frozen by time overtime rolled around we still had a blast. It really was a once in a lifetime experience despite the freezing temps and my Red Wings loosing in a shootout. As an added bonus we got a really good workout walking to and from the stadium and climbing up stairs in the stadium.

Driving home from the Winter Classic was difficult given the snowstorm continued and was making roads dangerous. I ended up staying the night at my cousins house and drove home in the morning after the roads had been somewhat cleared. 


On the way home I stopped at Panera Bread and ordered a Fuji Apple Salad. The salad was huge and I couldn't eat all of it so I saved some it for a later meal. If you've never had the salad you should try it because it is delicious! Personally I don't like the dressing it comes with so I don't use it. I also picked out the red onions, both of which drastically cut down on calories in the salad. The entire salad ended up totaling 390 calories, but since I did not eat the whole salad I didn't consume the total amount of calories.


On a side note I went to the gym this morning like normal and expected it to be packed with everyone who made New Year's Resolutions. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find I had the entire gym to myself! I lucked out and had the gym to myself for my entire workout.

I promise I do have new recipes to post, I've just been so busy lately I haven't had time to write them up. I am hoping tomorrow is a calmer day and I can write some of them up.

I hope you are having a wonderful start to 2014! I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has stopped by and read my blog and tried my recipes it really does mean the world to me! Thank you for making 2013 such a wonderful year for me! Here's to an even better 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment