Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Staying Motivated


It's the last week of January do I dare ask about the New Year's Resolutions you made just a few weeks back? If you've slipped up or totally fallen off the band wagon it is not too late to get back up. 

Recently I was asked how I stay motivated to work out every day. The truth is it's become a part of my every day life the same way I brush my teeth in the morning. My morning workouts are something I look forward to because it is my 'me' time. The rest of my day is spent in various college classes, and the 90 minutes or however long my workout is is a time when I can focus solely on bettering myself.

If you want working out to become part of your everyday routine make it a habit. This will take work and a great deal of effort, but I know you can do it. Studies have shown it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. For the next 21 days make working out a priority, even if it's only 45 minutes a day it's better than nothing. 

Another way to stay motivated is by making a fitness motivation board. I made a fitness motivation board out of four cork tiles I bought at JoAnn Fabrics. FYI If you're a student you can get a discount card for JoAnn Fabrics and get an additional 10% off every purchase by presenting your student ID. 

On my motivation board I posted quotes I love about fitness, pictures I've taken, pictures of my family, a few of my favorite bible verses, and stickers of goals I have to keep me focused. Pintrest is a great place to find all kinds of awesome fitness quotes to help keep you motivated. Another great thing to include on your motivation board is two pieces of string/yarn. Have one string be pounds to lose, and the other be pounds lost. Being able to visualize a goal is helpful to some people.

One of my favorite things about my motivation wall is the beautiful blue dream catcher I have hanging up. A girl I've known for a long time makes and sells dream catchers to raise money for a trip to Africa. All the dream catchers are very reasonably priced and she just launched a store on Etsy called Dream Catchers by Aimee. http://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamcatchersbyaimee Be sure to check her out and help support her awesome cause! 

However you choose to make it making a fitness motivation board is an awesome reminder to workout and become healthier so you can be the best and healthiest you possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment