Saturday, April 12, 2014

Healthy Chicken Salad- No Mayo


Today is one of those days that I want to stay in bed all day, but sadly I know my video project won't edit itself and the papers won't write themselves. I'm at the part of the semester where I just don't care anymore. I just want to be done! At least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

I've already started packing up my stuff and getting ready to move out. My parents thought I was joking when I said I'd be waiting on the curb for them with my stuff. People who know me know I am a planner and prepper to the the point of OCD. I hate disorganization. I will write a post about how to stress less when moving because I've got it down to a science now. 

Anyways, I whipped together a delicious chicken salad recipe yesterday. It's gluten free (I served it on gluten free bread too) and it is way healthier than regular chicken salad because it doesn't use mayo. Before you knock it you have to try it and I bet you won't even be able to tell the difference!

You will need:
  • 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, that is one of the individual cups you can buy in the grocery store
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup red grapes, sliced
  • 4 chicken tenderloins or 2 chicken breasts, shredded

Cook chicken beforehand.

In a large mixing bowl thoroughly combine all ingredients.

Allow to cool in fridge for one hour before serving. Keep any leftovers refrigerated.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Info (per serving):
Calories: 113
Carbs: 6
Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 18 grams
Sodium: 124 mg
Sugars: 5 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment