Friday, April 25, 2014

Home Sweet Home

It's officially the weekend and the semester is OVER! Finals are over, I'm back home for the summer and I could not be happier. I was wired from finishing my last two finals yesterday and driving home so I didn't get much sleep last night, but that did not stop me from jumping back into the kitchen today!

Because of finals I wasn't able to go home for Easter or do any of the traditional Easter festivities with my family. My mom is awesome though and said we'd have a delayed Easter once I got home. This morning I got to color eggs like I was a kid again, although I'm pretty sure I ended up with more of the dye on me than on the eggs. I think the eggs turned out pretty ok! I will post more about our delayed Easter dinner this weekend.

After dying Easter eggs I whipped up a batch of granola to munch on and I played with Cora. She never complains about getting extra attention! Cora was also helped me sort through some of my boxes this afternoon.

I made a delicious salad for dinner loaded with protein. I will make a post listing what is in the salad in a bit. 

Finally to round out the day I made gluten free chia muffins- I will also get the recipe up this weekend. With all baking the house has smelt heavenly today!

I'm off to relax and get to bed early, between the moving and all of today's festivities I'm exhausted! Enjoy your Friday night and check back this weekend for the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment