Saturday, April 12, 2014

Celebrate Life


Yesterday marked a very important date for my family. If you follow me on instagram you probably saw the picture and blurb I posted about it. I thought it was important that I share it on my blog too. 

Ten years ago my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. That was an extremely terrifying time for my entire family. Cancer is always a scary thing and no one should ever have to go through it. 

I was only nine years old when my mom was diagnosed. I was terrified of losing my mom. My mom wore a brave face for the family and never let on to how she was really feeling- I think it was because she didn't want to scare my brother and I. My mom was extremely blessed that the cancer was detected very early on and she did not need chemo. She still had several surgeries, but a year later she was officially declared cancer free. 

Yesterday marked ten years since her cancer free diagnosis. It is such a blessing to be able to say she has been cancer free for ten years! God is good and I am reminded to count my blessings every day. 

Watching anyone suffer through cancer is the hardest thing ever. You want to take away their pain and suffering, but you can't. You feel so helpless and useless standing there watching them suffer through this horrible disease alone. Watching my mom and numerous friends, young and old, suffer through cancer puts everything into perspective. You don't know how many days the Lord is going to bless you with so make every day count. Above all else be grateful for your health. 

Happy 10 year anniversary of being cancer free mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment