Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sunday Workout


On Sunday's I opt out of my normal pedal to the metal cardio and go for a lighter workout to give my body a bit of a rest. I don't feel good when I don't workout, which is why I designed this light workout so I can still get moving in the morning and not feel icky later.

The moves are a combination of different workout challenges that engage all muscle groups and work to strengthen muscles while building lean muscle. This workout should take no longer than 30 minutes to complete. If you do these moves 3-4 times a week in addition to regular cardio and strength training you will begin to see a pleasant change in your body, I know I have! And if you're up for a real challenge at the start of each week up the rep count of each move by 10-15 and increase plank time by 20-30 seconds.

Sunday Regimen 
  • Tricep Kickbacks 15 reps x2
  • Shoulder Fly 15 reps x2
  • Weighted Arm Raise 15 reps x2
  • Bicep Curl and Press 15 reps x2
  • Reverse Plank 30 seconds x2
  • 25 Sit Ups
  • 50 Crunches
  • 8 Core Leg Raises
  • 8 Leg Raises to each side (8 to the left and 8 to the right)
  • 25 Squats
  • 20 Push Ups
  • 30 second plank x2

No comments:

Post a Comment