Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Timberfest

Over the weekend I posted about the 5K race I participated in. The race was part of a small town festival called Timberfest. I love small town festivals and seeing the pride people have in their hometown. 


Saturday morning was the 5K, so after driving back to the cabin and cleaning up I made the drive back to check out the rest of the small town celebration. 


There were all sorts of vendors selling everything from crafts to clothing. My favorite thing was the wood carver. I've never been a crafty person, so watching someone take a log and make it into something beautiful amazes me. The man had a variety of carvings for sale- everything from bears to signs to furniture. He was incredibly talented and I loved watching him work.


I thought this bear was kind cute. I liked how he was peeking out of the log. 


There was also a balloon artist. I don't think you're ever too old for balloon animals or a balloon crown. A little boy had a dinosaur balloon crown, which was totally awesome- I may have been slightly jealous. The balloon artist made me a snail crown. My family thought it was ridiculous, but I think they were just jealous of how awesome it was :)

No comments:

Post a Comment