Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Meal in the Apartment


The second night after moving into my apartment I had gone grocery shopping so I actually had food in my refrigerator and could make a proper meal. Plus the stove in the apartment is brand new and I was dying to test it out! It was really hot outside and I was not overly hungry, so I settled on a simple meal of baked chicken with oven roasted vegetables. 

I didn't do anything fancy to the chicken. I simply brushed a bit of olive oil over the top to prevent it from drying out and baked it for 20 minutes, flipping it halfway through. 

The vegetables are super simple to make and absolutely delicious. I made a giant batch of them so I could heat them up throughout the week. I have posted the recipe for my roasted vegetables before, but I'll post it again below.

Oven Roasted Vegetables
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 yellow bell pepper
  • 1 small red onion
  • 1 broccoli crown or 1/2 large head of broccoli
  • 1/2 head cauliflower
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

Wash and cut up all vegetables. 

Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with nonstick cook spray so vegetables won't stick to sheet and burn.

Spread vegetables out evenly over baking sheet. They should be as close to a single layer as possible.

Carefully drizzle olive oil over vegetables. 

Sprinkle salt and pepper over vegetables to your liking. 

Bake veggies at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. The vegetables will be golden and slightly crispy when done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment