Friday, October 17, 2014

Peach Salsa Fiesta Salad


Over the weekend I was craving Mexican food. When I was growing up when my dad would be away on a business trip my mom would make refried beans and we would have a Mexican night for dinner. My dad is a meat and potatoes man, he is not exactly adventurous when it comes to food. To this day I will only eat tacos with refried beans. 

I didn't have any refried beans on hand though so I improvised and instead made a fiesta salad with chicken. It was still delicious and perfectly suited my Mexican food craving.

Peach Salsa Fiesta Salad
  • 2 cups mixed greens
  • 1/3 cup diced red and orange bell pepper
  • 1/8 cup cooked corn kernels 
  • 4 or 5 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
  • 1/8 cup diced avocado 
  • 1 cup cooked chicken breast cut into strips
  • 2 tablespoons peach salsa

Nutrition (makes 1 serving)
Calories: 246
Carbs: 19
Protein: 9 grams
Sodium: 26 mg
Sugar: 5 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment