Over the weekend I was craving Mexican food. When I was growing up when my dad would be away on a business trip my mom would make refried beans and we would have a Mexican night for dinner. My dad is a meat and potatoes man, he is not exactly adventurous when it comes to food. To this day I will only eat tacos with refried beans.
I didn't have any refried beans on hand though so I improvised and instead made a fiesta salad with chicken. It was still delicious and perfectly suited my Mexican food craving.
Peach Salsa Fiesta Salad
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/3 cup diced red and orange bell pepper
- 1/8 cup cooked corn kernels
- 4 or 5 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/8 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons peach salsa
Nutrition (makes 1 serving)
Protein: 9 grams
Sodium: 26 mg
Sugar: 5 grams