Saturday, November 15, 2014

Healthy Spaghetti

I used to have MAD love for spaghetti. I would eat it at least once a week, no joke. Eating crockpot turkey meatballs got me in the mood for spaghetti. Want to know something weird though? Until I made my first batch of crockpot turkey meatballs I had never had meatballs before. Strange I know, but I don't eat beef and my dad is the pickiest eater on the planet, so dinner options were limited when I was growing up. 


Instead of using noodles I opted for cooked spaghetti squash. It's a healthier option and it's gluten free. Since I was out of meatballs I used a gluten free turkey burger, chopped it up and covered it all with basil tomato sauce and parmesan cheese. It was a quick and easy alternative to traditional spaghetti and it is low cal.


With my delicious spaghetti I had 1/3 cup Dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt with a small handful of green grapes and raspberries. I also threw in 1 tablespoon organic ground flax. I know it's a weird combination of food, but who ever said I was normal ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment