Sunday, January 4, 2015

2014 In Review

I know it's already four days into 2015, but I wanted to take a minute to reflect on 2014. 2014 was an incredible year and largely what made my year so incredible is all of YOU, my readers. Words cannot begin to express how thankful I am for each and every one of you. The comments, emails, sharing my recipes, pins, etc. literally flood my heart with so much joy and thankfulness! Thank you so much for venturing on this crazy journey with me. Here are some of my favorite moments from 2014: 

January: So. Much. Granola. The chocolate cherry and Nutella granola is my mom's favorite but she won't let me make it for her because she devours the entire batch in like four days. My favorite is the basic healthy homemade granola. Homemade is ALWAYS better than the store bought stuff. Let's not forget the homemade healthy cinnamon rolls.




February: All dolled up for a formal dance on campus with one of my best friends. Only she can make my hair look that good curly and it stays curly! 


March: Rediscovered my love of all things oatmeal. And shout out to the those who doubted the combo of greek yogurt and oatmeal, but tried it and got hooked- I wouldn't lead you astray! 


April: I am a breakfast food addict. Blueberries and pancakes are so hard to resist, but put together one of the best combos. 


May: I shot my first stand up as a reporter (ok I was just the intern, but still!!) Now I just pray no one ever finds that footage when I am applying for jobs...


June: You guys gave me the BEST birthday month EVER! I was featured on Simply Taralynn (my favorite blog), which was seriously such an amazing gift in itself! Birthday celebrations are always in order, so I celebrated with a healthy banana split. And I tried Quest Bars for the first time, thus this healthy cookie dough parfait happened. 




July: Fireworks are one of my favorite things <3


August: I ran my first 5K since being diagnosed with lupus (you can read about that here) and I ate THE BEST SALAD EVER, no joke. I'm craving it just thinking about it. 



September: Dinosaur sprinkles make everything better, including college. Ok, so do my mom's no bake energy balls



October: Literally one of my favorite baking months because PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! October was full of this pumpkin bread and crockpot turkey meatballs. I also got the wonderful joy of experiencing my first flat tire on one of the coldest days of the year. Thank the Lord for AAA! 




November: Summer is by far my favorite season, but nothings beats a gorgeous fall drive (this the beginning of the month before we got pooped on with a ton of snow).


December: I survived the semester (barely). Statistics almost killed me, but I fought hard! Christmas break was filled with so. much. food. The new s'mores Quest Bar and the absolute best desert ever- healthy no bake peanut butter pie among the deliciousness. Fat pants anyone? Basically I ate, spent a lot amount of time at the gym and spoiled my dog. I cannot resist a face like that!



Thank you for making 2014 such a memorable year! I had so much fun cooking, baking and sharing bits of my life with you. I cannot wait to see everything 2015 has in store! And of course I can't wait to share lots of yummy recipes with you, Happy 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment