Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Seven

Happy Monday! I am sorry to report I do not have a new crockpot meal for you this week. I have not been feeling good- I got a bug after Christmas and can't seem to shake it, plus I found enough leftover crockpot vegetable soup in my freezer for the week (yay!). 

Instead of sharing a recipe with you, which I promise to get back to, I wanted to share seven thoughts I've had this past week.

1. I never thought this day would ever come, but the thought of peanut butter actually makes me nauseous :0 I know. For whatever reason with the bug I have food has just lost is appeal and makes my stomach flip-flop. I've eaten a lot of rice cakes in the past few days.


2. Yoplait Greek 100 whips vanilla cupcake flavor does not taste like a cupcake. Granted I haven't had a cupcake since I was probably in elementary school, but save your money and buy regular greek yogurt. The whipped greek is no where near as creamy as regular greek yogurt and honestly I couldn't tell the difference between greek whipped and regular whipped yogurt. 

3. Electric blankets are a godsend. I'm cheap, but I'm also a college student, so for the longest time I refused to turn heat on in the apartment (it's electric heat and ridiculously expensive). Even now that it's freezing outside I have the heat on the lowest setting at night and the electric blanket cranked up. I never want to leave my bed when it's on.

4. Shopping frustrates me (and then gets me grumpy). Since I've worked retail shopping has just annoyed me. I love grocery shopping, but clothes shopping not so much. I really need a new bathing suit, but everything is so crazily printed it makes my eyes hurt.


5. I found two healthy chocolate chip pumpkin pie pancakes in the freezer yesterday. I heated them up and ate them plain for dinner yesterday with some fruit. I swear my freezer is like a treasure chest of finding leftovers I didn't know I had.


6. I miss my puppy. I have a ton of pictures of Cora from when I was home over break, but I've restrained myself from uploading them. I didn't want to overwhelm you with cuteness, but really...I MEAN LOOK AT THAT CUTENESS! 

7. Finally, tell the people in your life how much you love them. With all of the craziness going on in the world take a moment and tell the people you care about how much they mean to you. Life is a gift and I thank God for every day he grants me. Never take a moment for granted. Put down your phone and soak up time that can't be replaced with loved ones. One day those moments will mean more to you than whatever you were doing on your phone. 

Have a wonderful week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment