Monday, April 6, 2015

Mango Strawberry Salsa


I think spring is finally here! Granted the forecast is calling for rain every day this week, but April showers bring May flowers right? I'm just happy all the snow is finally gone and I don't have to put on forty layers to walk outside. Doesn't everyone always look thinner in the spring? I'm telling you it's all those layers!


While I am happy spring is here I miss summer and most of all summer fruits. Nothing beats fresh summer strawberries or watermelon. Watermelon makes me think of beach days and I could definitely use a few of those! The tan I got in Maui is long gone and I'm back to pasty white, sigh. 

If you're longing for summer I have just the thing to cheer you up, mango strawberry salsa! I included it as part of my meal prep for the week with lemon herb chicken and roasted asparagus and grape tomatoes. The fruit is perfectly sweet and the onion gives it a kick that will have you longing for warm summer days!

Mango Strawberry Salsa
  • 1 mango, diced (about 1 cup)
  • approx. 1 cup strawberries, diced
  • 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
  • 2 tablespoons cilantro, diced 
  • 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice

Place all ingredients in a bowl and gently stir to combine.

Serve immediately or allow to chill in the fridge for an hour.

Makes a little over 16 one tablespoon servings

Nutrition (1 Tablespoon= 1 serving)
MACROS: 2C/0F/0P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 16.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 13
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0 g0 %
Saturated Fat 0 g0 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 15 mg1 %
Potassium 32 mg1 %
Total Carbohydrate 3 g1 %
Dietary Fiber 0 g2 %
Sugars 2 g
Protein 0 g0 %
Vitamin A2 %
Vitamin C15 %
Calcium0 %
Iron0 %

No comments:

Post a Comment