Friday, April 17, 2015

Relaxing Maui Nights


I still have so many posts from Maui to share but I am determined to get them all up! We did eat out while in Maui, but we also stayed back and made dinner ourselves a lot. Going out to eat is crazy expensive in Maui and while groceries aren't exactly cheap it's cheaper than eating out. One of my favorite salads to make was a salmon salad. It's easy and all the vegetables are so fresh in Maui- I've to go anywhere that has better avocados than Maui!

The salad had 2 cups mixed greens, 1 on the vine tomato cut into chunks, 1/6 avocado diced, 1/8 cup diced red bell pepper, 1 tablespoon feta cheese, 1 grilled salmon fillet cut apart, and a pinch of fresh ground black pepper.


My favorite thing to do every night was watch the sunset. There is nothing like a Maui sunset. A lot of nights I would go down to the beach to watch the sunset and I wouldn't take my camera or anything with me. It's so peaceful to live in the moment and enjoy nature without distraction. I enjoy the simple moments in life like beautiful sunsets on the beach because it makes me focus on God who created incredible places like Maui. God is definitely a beautiful artist.


Every night a little shopping center that was by where we were staying had a hula show. Little girls would perform dances and they were usually accompanied by someone singing. It was so cute! They always did such a good job and it was fun to watch.


One night the hula show was done by a family. The dad played ukulele and sang, the mom also sang and told a legend about the origin of hula, and the daughters did the hula dance. They were really talented and I loved watching them! I wish I could hula because they always look so graceful, but I'll leave it to the Hawaiians!

No comments:

Post a Comment