Happy Sunday! This weekend has flown by! Yesterday was dedicated to cleaning the apartment. Every wall, corner, counter, tub, toilet, you name it it was bleached, washed, and vacuumed. The toilet was obviously not vacuumed because that would be weird, but you get the point right? My back and arms are sore from so much cleaning and packing. Due to the chaos I haven't prepared a recipe to post so I thought I'd share seven of my favorite things from this week.
1. I can't even begin to tell you how many of these smoothies I have made this week because I was sick. This baby definitely worked its magic because I am definitely feeling better! And if you're skeptical about it being, well green don't be. The peanut butter snickerdoodle flavor totally disguises the greens that are packed in the smoothie!
2. The weather is supposed to get warmer (fingers crossed) and warm weather and sunshine always make me crave coconut. What better way to celebrate all things warm weather than with a coconut fruit bowl? All the fresh fruit that is back in the grocery store is already making me giddy for summer!
3. Speaking of summer it seems like everyone is in the mad rush to get bikini ready. I've never really understood that because I think it's important to take care of yourself all year round not just so you can look good in a bathing suit. Regardless if you're looking for a bun burner than this workout is definitely for you. It will work your legs and arms, with a few total body moves thrown in for good measure.
4. If you are short on time and want a total body workout then this is the workout you've been looking for. It will work your arms, legs, abs, and everything in between.
5. Recently I have been following a much more plant based diet because it makes me feel so much better. One of my favorite dishes I have been eating is a turkey burger with a portobello mushroom as a bun. Portobello mushrooms are my favorite and I cannot wait to grill instead of roast the mushroom for added flavor. YUM!
6. This is for all things adorable and delicious! Sam from Love Live Balance made a gluten free koala bear birthday cake for his sister Amanda's birthday! SO STINKING CUTE! Can I get one of these cakes for my birthday?! Sam was awesome enough to make a step-by-step tutorial on how she made the cake, so if anyone wants to make this cake for my birthday in June then feel free :)
7. This is totally unhealthy (and not gluten free) but I promised a friend I would include it because it's one of her favorites. S'mores brownies. Nothing says summer like bonfires and s'mores and this is the best of both worlds because you don't have to deal with lighting a marshmallow on fire or deal with pesky mosquitoes. And you can make them any time of the year. A win? I think so.