Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Seven #4

Seven of my favorite things from this past week: 




1. My beautiful friends and family <3 Friday was Lupus Awareness Day and so many friends and family members texted me and posted pictures of themselves wearing purple to raise awareness! I didn't want to make this post a mile long so I picked a few pictures, but major THANK YOU to everyone who wore purple on Friday! Special shoutout to Sam, Amanda, and their mom, my lupus sister Lindsay, my cousins Danielle, Kimmie and her adorable daughter Brie! 


2. LENTIL MEATBALLS!! I ate these babies for Dinner every night this past week and I don't regret a thing. SO GOOD. Seriously go make them!


3. Cookies 'N Cream Protein Shake, like I needed any more reasons to adore Sam, but this protein shake just adds to the list! Sadly the Oreo's cookie and cream jell-o is not gluten free, but I think a few tweaks could make it gluten free. For one I know I am definitely stealing Sam's and Margot's idea for almond milk ice cubes to thicken up protein shakes and smoothies!


4. Katie Fit Script. I know I've spoken my love of Katie Ringely before but seriously I really love Relentless Resolution. The program kicks your butt and there is such a supportive group of women that it's amazing! Plus Sam is part of the group which is totally an added bonus! 


5. Spicy falafel! I have been expanding my food knowledge and experimenting with different spices. I made a batch of falafel, which I was surprised that I liked because I don't like chickpeas, but they were really good! I liked eating them like a burger- it's way healthier though! I will get the recipe up this week.

6. The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8. Working at my current internship I have learned a lot about myself and I have learned that I hate news. I hate how depressing it is or how the good stories often go unnoticed. I have been ignoring the voice that has been leading me away from news for a long time because I was scared, but I can't ignore it anymore. I don't know where I will end up or what I will be doing but I have to trust that the LORD has a plan. This verse helps bring peace to my soul because I can't plan my future. 


7. This really should not come as a surprise but açai bowls!! It has been so hot and muggy recently that nothing has been more refreshing than a açai bowl. I like to used freeze dried açai powder which I blend with 1/2 frozen banana, 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries, and 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I topped it with banana slices, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and 1 tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut. It reminded me of being on the beach in Hawaii! 


Have a great Sunday! What are some of your favorites from this past week?

No comments:

Post a Comment