Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Seven #6

Happy Sunday! Normally I post seven of my favorite things from the past week, but this week I want to change it up a little. Instead of posting seven of my favorite things, I'm going to share seven things I'm grateful for. I think sometimes we all get so caught up in day to day life, I know I do, that we forget to be thankful for the little things.

1. The ability to workout. This probably sounds silly, but the ability to move, lift, and do crazy workouts is so fulfilling for me. I'm passionate about health and fitness and with lupus I know what it's like to not be able to do the things I want to. Every day that I can wake up and go workout I am grateful for that privilege.


2. My goofy puppy Cora. There are plenty of days that Cora drives me NUTS. Her manners are non existent no matter how hard I work with her. She is still scared of basically everything, but I know she loves me. She is always the first one to greet me with tons of slobbery kisses after a long day at work or coming home from college, she is literally the happiest dog, and her smile can melt even the coldest of hearts. Cora drives me mad but I also love her madly <3

3. My (crazy) family. I seriously have no pictures of the four of us, like what the heck?! Like any other family we have our moments- you know the ones where your family literally just drives you MAD, yet you know nothing could break your bond. My family has been so supportive of me with lupus and all the crazy endeavors I've been involved in. At the end of the day I do love them (most of the time lol).

4. Calming words from my father. Life has a way of being total chaos. Knowing that God is the calm in the midst of the storm brings peace to my over thinking brain. This is a verse I have been pulled to a lot recently as I face graduation and it never fails to bring peace to my heart. "The LORD says 'I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.'" Psalm 32:8

5. Friends. I am seriously blessed with the BEST friends EVER! They never fail to pick me up when I'm feeling down, they endure my tiredness and occasional mood swings caused by the lupus in stride, provide constant encouragement in Christ, drag my nose out of the books at school and me me socialize even when I have a million things to do, and they always have my back. 


6. Freedom. For me this one is an easy one to forget about, I know that's incredibly sad but I think it's true for a lot of people. Living in the U.S. is such a blessing. I don't have to fear persecution for expressing my thoughts or opinions, I can freely and openly worship without fear of persecution (or worse), I can go where I want when I please, etc. Both of my grandfathers served this country in World War II so I can continue to enjoy those freedoms. I don't have the words to express how grateful I am to every single person who has served our country to protect those freedoms! You are truly heroes! 


7. The promise of summer. This is probably silly, but I always get giddy when summer is in the air. Flowers begin to bloom, the sun shines (except today when it's pouring rain), and there's a promise of long days spent on the lake followed by BBQing! Summertime always brings me back to being a kid and there's a simple pleasure in that.

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and take a few minutes to think about the blessings in your life! What are some of the things you're grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment