Thursday, June 4, 2015

Meal Prep: Berry Pecan Salad


Happy Thursday, or as I like to call it pre-Friday! This week has flown by and I haven't had any down time to write up any of the recipes I've made. Hopefully this weekend I will have time because HOLY MOLY I made the BEST pancakes! I am a bit of a pancake snob, but these pancakes are fluffy, delicious, best of all they're healthy- low carb, low fat, high protein, gluten free and can be vegan! Is your mind blown yet? It took a decent amount of tinkering to get the recipe right, but now it is dead on. I'm getting giddy just thinking of sharing it (weird I know). 

Anyway I needed to share the second half of the meal prep for this week, the berry pecan salad. To me this salad screams summer. It's bursting with fresh fruits and it contains pecans, which are a great source of healthy fats. I loved having this salad for lunch at work. Most days I threw in salmon burger to have more protein in the salad. This salad is definitely the perfect way to kick off summer!

Berry Pecan Salad
  • 2 cups kale, spinach, romaine lettuce mix
  • 3 strawberries, sliced
  • 1.5 tablespoons blueberries
  • 1.5-2 tablespoons pecan halves, I used unsalted
  • approx. 1.3 tablespoons no sugar added dried cranberries
  • 1/8 cup mandarin oranges in water, don't get the kind in syrup it just added calories and lots of sugar

Combine everything in a bowl or tupperware container and keep in fridge until you're ready to eat it. If you're packing it for lunch I would recommend using a cold pack to keep it cold- no one likes room temperature salad.

For added protein top the salad with a salmon burger.

*The ingredients listed are for one salad. It's easily doubled or tripled though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment