Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Weekend Recap

It was such a fun weekend! I haven't had a weekend that fun in a long time and it was very much needed! Thursday I was off work for a doctors appointment and testing. Between appointments I ran to a nearby Better Health Market, a totally awesome health food store for all of my fellow Michiganders, and whipped up a salad at their salad bar.



The salad literally had everything in it. I used spinach, kale, and romaine lettuce and topped it with fennel, zucchini, banana peppers, olives, almond slivers, grilled chicken, grilled tofu, red peppers, sliced mushrooms, sautéed baby bella mushrooms, a little goat cheese (because I had never tried it before), and I know there's more but I can't remember off hand. I LOVE my veggies and it was delicious! 

The weekend kicked off with Painting With a Twist Friday night for a delayed 21st birthday celebration. All of my cousins and aunts on my dad's side of the family were there and it was so much fun!


I loved how all of our paintings were based off the same painting, but we each had our own take on it. Not to mention when we got to splatter paint it was really fun- yes I am still a child at heart! 

Saturday it poured all day, so we took the opportunity to go out to my grandparents graves to check on the flowers. I really like their cemetery because it's so peaceful. My grandparents went up north every year for vacation and one of the activities we'd always do was go looking for deer, so I thought it was really neat that there was a bunch of deer eating the grass near my grandparents headstones. We also drove by their old house and I was so happy to see how beautifully it had been renovated. 


I took charge of dinner Saturday night. My dad its the world's pickiest eater EVER and literally it takes a ton of effort to come up with a meal to please him that is healthy. I made pineapple chicken kabobs with bell peppers and marinated the chicken in my homemade pineapple sauce (I will post the recipe this week!). I also made Italian roasted potatoes and cut up strawberries. The meal got two thumbs up from my dad, but I need to get the man to expand his palate. If anyone has tips for picky eaters please please PLEASE let me know!! 


Sunday morning I was up bright and early at the gym, which I had to myself! WHOOP WHOOP! I love not having to fight for machines. I didn't do any cardio and stuck to using the weight machines and the free weights, I now have noodle arms and some very sore abs- no pain no gain though right?! Haha.

I hope you had a great weekend! Did you do anything fun? And cheers to a short work week with the 4th of July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment