Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Weekend Recap Wednesday

Wednesday is an odd day to do a weekend recap because it's halfway through the week, but better late than never right? Things were crazy with work and my cousin is getting married this coming weekend, so there's lots to do. 


Friday I met a friend for lunch and a veggie swap. She has a HUGE organic, non GMO garden and she loaded me up with a ton of veggies. I got cherry tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, cucumber, zucchini, summer squash, basil, oregano, wheatgrass, and a few types of kale. I have veggies coming out my ears haha. Everything is so fresh and literally the best veggies I've ever had! 


The zucchini and summer squashes are GIANT, Cora didn't know what to do with them because they were so big! The summer squash seriously has to weight a solid 5 pounds if not more. I've been grilling and sautéing them and I haven't even made an indent on the squash stash. 


Saturday was a pancake day. It was an absolutely beautiful day out so I made a blueberry version of my favorite coconut flour pancakes and ate them out on the patio. For the toppings I added more blueberries, a little bit of San Clemente brownie no frownie cookie dough, 1/2 tablespoon San Franola California raisin granola, and Walden Farms zero calorie pancake syrup. 


Later in the day I tried a bit of Arctic Zero salted caramel, of course I had to eat it on the patio too. Why let a perfect night go to waste? The salted caramel was really good, but I was stuffed from dinner and could only eat a few bites.


Sunday morning I was really tired, so I took a rest day- it's important to listen to your body! Mid morning I was hungry so I snacked on a mini sesame butter and dates GoMacro bar. I have been loving all the GoMacro bars and Cora really wanted a piece, she obviously has good taste, so I gave her a small piece, which she gobble right up :)


Sunday night I wanted a low key night so I stayed home while my parents went out for a date night. I grilled some salmon, heated up leftover green beans and zucchini from the night before, sliced up some watermelon, and had some fresh cherries. I am all about fresh summer fruits and veggies!

What did you guys do this weekend? I hope you're having a great week so far!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment