Friday, September 18, 2015

Halo Top Review


Ice cream and I just don't mix. In fact frozen yogurt and I don't mix so well either. Whenever I eat ice cream or frozen yogurt I get a horrible stomachache and probably pop enough Tums to keep them in business for a long time. On occasion I will have frozen yogurt, but I try to keep it far and few between because I don't enjoy stomachaches.

There are lots of frozen desserts that claim to be a healthy replacement for ice cream, but I've found that they come up incredibly short when compared to the texture, flavor, and creaminess of ice cream. Halo Top reached out to me and asked if I'd be interested in trying their product and of course I said yes! 

I tried the vanilla bean and chocolate flavors, as did my mom (she's an ice cream aficionado). 

Opening the container I was surprised- it legitimately looked like ice cream! We tried the vanilla bean flavor first and HOLY AMAZINGNESS! The flavor was spot on! It was rich, creamy, and perfectly vanilla. The creaminess was what got me- I literally did not think any non ice cream product could be that creamy, but let me tell you it was! 


Next we tried the chocolate. I am not a chocolate lover, but my mom and dad are so we got it as well. This pint was attacked and demolished very, very fast. The chocolate flavor was rich, the ice cream was creamy, and I even got my dad to try it! It got his seal of approval, which NEVER happens!

Aside from the yumminess the macros are pretty awesome, so let's talk about them. Both pints are 240 calories for the entire thing! If you can't eat an entire pint for a 1/2 cup serving is 60 calories. Per serving size the macros are 14C/2F/6P. That's a whopping 24 grams of protein for the whole pint, let alone only 2 grams of fat! All of Halo Top's pints are gluten free, contain no corn syrup, no artificial sweeteners, no synthetic growth hormones, and are vegetarian friendly. Halo Top comes in 7 yummy flavors and if you read about them all here

Overall, both pints get a 10/10 in all categories for taste, texture, and creaminess from my mom and myself (Dad also approves!). The only downfall of Halo Top is it is pricey- a container is $5.99 which is a lot for a pint. However, for a special treat that you don't have to feel guilty about eating I think it is well worth the price!

*I was given free pints by Halo Top, but all opinions are my own. I would never advocate a product I did not like or believe in.

No comments:

Post a Comment