Thursday, September 3, 2015

Thursday Thoughts #13


1. I hate cable companies. Sunday I ended up spending HOURS dealing with them. I don't really watch T.V. I watch a little bit of news in the morning after I workout, and I watch world news, but that's it. There's been problems with cable since the beginning we just never felt like doing anything, but Sunday morning I couldn't get a single channel. Before 7am I had already been dealing with the cable company for over an hour. They finally sent someone to help out, but the person ended up working for almost 5 hours. I ended up missing church and was left highly grumpy. I ate breakfast while I watched the cable guy crawl around on the floor trying to figure out the problem. Breakfast was good- vanilla Siggi's topped with Purely Elizabeth pumpkin fig granola, but I loathe the cable company. All that for one stinking channel...rant over.


2. I don't have class until the late afternoon on Monday so I got to spend some time making pecan crusted chicken for the week. There are so many ways to eat it, but currently I am loving having it in salads. My favorite has been a salad with strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries topped with the chicken. So good! 


3. Maybe it's because I'm back at school or maybe it's the warm weather, either way I have been missing vacation. I miss hiking, exploring trails and finding waterfalls and all the beautiful butterflies. I am 110% wanderlust at heart. If I could have a job that paid (enough to survive) to travel the world I would be gone in a heartbeat. There are so many beautiful places to explore and so many things I want to do. 


4. I am also missing photographing all the beautiful summer flowers. When I was on vacation I spent hours photographing flowers and butterflies because those are two of my favorite things to capture. I also love capturing landscapes, especially in Hawaii. If I actually had time I would love to set up spaces to photograph food, but who has time for that in college?! 

5. "Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you'd drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories." -Ray Bradbury.

I love this quote. I posted in on instagram with the photo from thought #3. I think so often we get caught up in the race of life and living the American dream that we accumulate more stuff (far more than we need) and we forget to enjoy the moment. On vacation I'd often put away my camera and soak up the sunset instead of trying to capture it on film. I've found that the moments that I have put away the camera and lived in the present moment are the moments I cherish the most because memories were made. Life is full of moments, but you can't get a single one back, so live every moment to the absolute fullest because there will never be another one like it. The beauty of a sunrise or a moment of laughter with family is far more valuable than anything you could ever buy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment