I'm a little late to the recap party, but hey better late than never right? Instead of doing a giant recap of 2015 I decided to narrow it down to my top 5 favorite moments from 2015. 2015 was such an amazing year for so many reasons, so it was hard to choose just 5! Without further ado here are my top 5 favorite moments from 2015 (in no particular order):
5. I spent much of 2015 chasing down news stories. I got to tell stories from all over Michigan and it was such an honor and privilege to tell those individuals stories. Between spending a summer at an amazing news station and reporting on stories for my college I got to improve my reporting skills and I fell even more in love with the job. Now I just need a job- anyone want to hire this reporter? :)
4. One of the fun adventures of 2015 was spent hiking Picture Rocks and the surrounding area in Michigan's upper peninsula. Hiking is one of my absolute favorite things to do and there was so many hiking trails with gorgeous scenery and waterfalls that I could have spent forever exploring! I highly recommend exploring Picture Rocks, the beauty is seriously unmatched!
3. Another favorite adventure was going to Pittsburgh and seeing Sam and Amanda! These two have been such a blessing in my life and I am beyond grateful to call them friends! Not only have Sam and Amanda been incredible friends, but they're also wonderful sisters in Christ and that alone has been a huge blessing!
2. This one is one of my favorite memories period. I was blessed enough to spend time exploring Maui with my family in early 2015. I got to escape the frigid Michigan winter and enjoy tropical sunshine, beaches, and LOTS of açai bowls! There were so many incredible adventures on Maui that I can't pick just one moment, but exploring Dragon's Teeth was definitely a highlight of the trip!
1. As 2015 wrapped up one of the biggest moments of my life so far happened- I graduated college (EARLY!)!! It was such a surreal moment and definitely one I will remember for the rest of my life. Graduating was definitely symbolic for me. I closed the college chapter of my life, but it was more than just college. During my time away at school I experienced some of my lowest and highest moments. I discovered new passions, built incredible friendships, gained confidence, and found myself. I am a drastically different person than I was when I started college, but I'm ok with that. The girl that started college was not in a good place. I graduated feeling happier and freer than I have been in a long time. Graduating was a fantastic way to end the year and I can't wait to see what adventures await in 2016! Cheers to a New Year and new beginnings!