Monday, January 18, 2016

Crockpot Vegan Chili (Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Vegetarian)


Happy Monday! It's been awhile since I've done a crockpot Monday post, but all this arctic weather has been making me crave something warm. Comfort food on a warm day is a must. I'm still going strong on the 30 day challenge (I recapped week 1 yesterday), but just because I'm on this journey doesn't mean I can't eat good food in the process (see recap post). 

This recipe has been in the works for awhile. I first started testing it out in the summer, I know you're probably thinking who makes chili in the summer?! I do, crazy I know. I love this recipe not only because it's tasty, but also because my meat loving friends had no idea it was meat free and healthy! Now break out those crockpots and prepare for a warm, hearty, and healthy meal!

Crockpot Vegan Chili
  • 15 oz. organic dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
  • 15 oz. organic pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 15 oz. organic chili beans in mild sauce 
  • 6 oz. organic no salt added tomato paste
  • 6 oz. water (I used the empty tomato paste can)
  • 1 12 oz. bag frozen gluten free veggie crumbles (found in the frozen food section)
  • 3/4 large sweet onion, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 3 on the vine tomatoes, diced
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • ground black pepper to taste

Line crockpot with liner. 

Place onion at bottom of crockpot and spread both bags of veggie crumbles on top of the onion.

Add in RINSED AND DRAINED kidney beans and pinto beans.

Next, dump in chili beans, tomato paste, and water. 

Add in diced tomatoes, garlic, pepper, and chili powder.

Cover crockpot and turn on low for 6-7 hours or high for 4 hours.

Halfway through cooking stir chili to distribute seasonings. Feel free to add more chili powder in. Replace lid and allow chili to finish cooking. 

Stir chili before serving. 

If you make it tag me on instagram and use the hashtag #thesimplelife and go like my new page on Facebook!

Nutrition (makes 8 1-cup servings):
MACROS: 35C/1F/19P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 8.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 201
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 1 g1 %
Saturated Fat 0 g0 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 566 mg24 %
Potassium 674 mg19 %
Total Carbohydrate 35 g12 %
Dietary Fiber 12 g47 %
Sugars 5 g
Protein 19 g38 %
Vitamin A15 %
Vitamin C35 %
Calcium10 %
Iron19 %

No comments:

Post a Comment