Monday, January 11, 2016

Only Natural Pet: Paleo Pet Food FAQ


Happy Monday, I hope you're staying warm! The weather has been crazy recently ranging from really warm and mild to freezing rain to blizzard like. The latter two occurred within the last 24 hours making driving conditions a bit rough (read: I should have ice skated to the gym not drove).

Anyway, I wanted to take a moment out from the 30 Challenge (it started today!) to talk about Only Natural Pet. I did a review about a month ago on the paleo inspired dog line and have gotten tons of emails from pet owners with questions. I'm going to do my best to answer the most common questions I've gotten, but I am no expert on the line. The employees at PetSmart will know FAR more than I will and will be able to answer all your questions.


What is in the dog food and how is it different from traditional dog food?

This was by far the question I got asked the most. The picture above is the ingredient list for Only Natural Pet turkey and sweet potato dehydrated food. Ingredients include turkey, sweet potato, egg, broccoli, vitamin E, vitamin B12, etc. Go look at the ingredient list for a traditional dog food package and it's about a mile long. One of the reasons I love Only Natural Pet so much is because of the ingredients. The food is made from high quality ingredients not artificial fillers, so I really don't mind paying extra to feed Cora the best food possible. 

The main difference between this food vs. traditional dog food, in my opinion, is definitely the ingredients, but also Cora's desire to eat. It was fairly common for Cora to leave kibbles in her bowl and come back to it later. With the turkey and sweet potato dehydrated food she licks the bowl clean (not even kidding). It takes a little more effort to prepare, you have to mix it with water and let it hydrate for a few minutes, but it is definitely worth the effort. 


Is it worth the extra cost?

I fully believe that it is worth the extra cost. Since we adopted her, Cora has always had stomach problems, but I have noticed a huge change since I switched her to Only Natural Pet. Am I just saying that because PetSmart supplied me with the food to do the review? Absolutely not. I have purchased the food since they sent Cora some to test. I also believe so strongly in the line that I purchased several bags along with other products from the Only Natural Pet line and donated them to the shelter where I adopted Cora from.


Are the products good for my pet?

I got this question a lot too and I can't fully answer that. You know your pet the best and what works and doesn't work for your pet. As always, I recommend talking to your vet before changing your pets diet. Your vet will be able to give you expert advice because next to you, they know your pet best. I talked with my vet before changing Cora's food and treats because I was afraid of all of Cora's allergies. My vet gave me the go ahead, which made me feel a lot better.


Which products do you recommend? 

Again, this one is about personal preference. Cora's two favorite "table scraps" are fish and turkey, so she has been loving the turkey and sweet potato dehydrated food and the just fish feast food. She is still loving the bully stick treats, which the vet said are great for her teeth, and the all natural meat bites, which we use instead of biscuits. However, those are only a few of the products in the Only Natural Pet line. There are numerous other products in the line so you can find one your pet likes best. 

I am definitely no expert on the product line, but I know what works for Cora. I definitely encourage you to go to PetSmart and talk to them, ask them all your questions because they will definitely be able to help you.

If you have any questions for me you can email me at minerrachael@gmail.com I'd love to hear from you! 

*PetSmart supplied me with products from the Only Natural Pet line to do the review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment