Wednesday, January 13, 2016

WIAW: 30 Day Challenge Edition

I haven't done a what I ate Wednesday (WIAW) in a long time, way too long. I want to share my journey, both physical and spiritual, during the 30 day challenge. The 30 day challenge isn't actually a thing, but I've felt convicted so I made it a thing. It's sort of like the Daniel Fast. One of the things that made me laugh is a friend of mine started the Daniel Fast all while I was feeling nudged to start my own challenge and then at church the pastor started a series on Daniel. Nothing like the Lord sending the message loud and clear. 


I went grocery shopping last week to get ready for the challenge. I had a few of the staples already in my pantry, but I still needed to get fresh fruits and veggies. If anyone is interested in what I bought let me know and I can make a post about it. 

Before I worked out I had a Vega protein packet mixed with water. After my workout I had breakfast, which was my usual baked oats with raspberries (recipe here). Cora was extra interested in my breakfast for some reason, I don't let her beg because it's bad manners, but that face was too cute not to snap a pic!


I did a TON of meal prepping on Monday so I would be prepared for the week. For lunch I made lentil veggie patties, roasted sweet potatoes (literally my favorite thing ever!), my friend Clara's (follow her on instagram!) mashed acorn squash, french style green beans, and raspberries. Literally so good! Carb loading and LOVING IT! 


I never normally snack, but I seem to be a bit hungrier because I'm not eating as much protein without meat so mid afternoon I was hungry. I had half a honeycrisp apple (not pictured) and a mini cherries and berries GoMacro bar.



For dinner I didn't feel like having anything, so I threw together a small veggie plate and salad. The salad is romaine, kale, and mixed greens topped with avocado, cherry tomatoes, banana peppers, and a hard boiled egg. The veggie plate is cauliflower, carrots, and mushrooms. Later on I had a pear for snack. 

If anyone has any meal ideas or plant based protein powders suggestions, please share! Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment