Wednesday, February 3, 2016

WIAW: 30 Day Challenge Week 4

I can't believe it's already week 4 of the 30 day challenge. Time flies when you're having fun though right? I sat down and thought about it and honestly I really haven't missed meat. Yes there have been certain instances where I have missed salmon, but overall not so much. When the entire 30 days is over I will blog about what I learned and what has changed. ANYWAY, today is another 30 day challenge edition of WIAW!


No surprise I started the day off with baked oats. I did switch things up and opted for apple baked oats instead of my usual pear. I used a honeycrisp apple and sprinkled some apple pie spice and cinnamon on top so the oats got nice and brown. 


For lunch I had a baked veggie burger with steam veggies, a red potato, and some frozen fruit. I'm not entirely sure why, but my body has been able to handle frozen fruits and veggies better than fresh ones. My doctor said that's completely normal while healing, but I think it's just crazy. 


Technically I'm still on a low-fat diet (read: I miss peanut butter so much). For an afternoon snack I had a cinnamon banana bread muffin topped with a teaspoon of peanut butter and a pinch of Purely Elizabeth pumpkin fig granola. I doubt a little bit of peanut butter is going to kill me and if it does at least it was a tasty way to go ;)


I am enjoying being able to eat more than noodles and mashed squash. One can only eat so much squash and applesauce before they begin to lose it. For dinner I had pan seared tempeh, green beans, 1/2 pear, and a handful of blackberries.

Happy Wednesday! What have you been eating? What has been your go to snack recently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment