Monday, April 11, 2016

Weekend Recap


Happy Monday! I haven't done a recap post in awhile so I thought I'd do a short recap of the weekend because it was a blast. Before I recap I just want to say thank you to everyone for the sweet comments, texts, emails, and IG messages I've gotten about the struggles I've been dealing with lately. I'm not one to put all out there, especially about something so personal, so all your sweet words mean so much to me. 


Let's get to the fun part. Dan + Shay were playing at the college I just graduated from on Thursday, so I made the drive out to see my friends and go to the concert. I worked out and fueled up with cinnamon pear baked oats before making the drive. 


One of the opening acts, Joel Crouse, I had never heard of, but he was pretty good. The second opening act was Ryan Kinder who I love so I was stoked to see him. You should check out his song "Kiss Me When I'm Down," it's so good! 


Of course the night was really about Dan + Shay though. Let me tell you they did NOT disappoint! I've been a fan from the day their first single dropped and watching them grow and become popular has been really cool. They played all the songs from their debut album, they debuted a lot of new music, and did a mix of cover songs like "Moves Like Jagger," "Dynamite," "Bad Blood," and my personal favorite "Shot Through the Heart."


I'm a big Bon Jovi fan and their cover of "Shot Through the Heart" was EPIC! I shared a video of it on instagram if you want to check it out. The picture above is probably my favorite of the night. I LOVE when the lights hit perfectly and you can see everyone rocking out and just having a good time. 

Overall the concert was an absolute blast! Dan + Shay are absolutely fantastic live! I've been to concerts where the artist has stunk live because their CD is so auto-tuned, but this was so not the case. Dan + Shay sound exactly the same live as they do on their album- no auto-tuning there, just pure talent. I can't wait for the new album to drop and to (hopefully) see them live again soon! 


We got back really late from the concert and just crashed. Some of my friends had classes and/or work the next day so everyone wanted to get their sleep. Despite going to bed way late I still woke up pretty early and was able to watch a gorgeous sunrise. I took the day off from working out because I had been kicking butt all week in the gym and I was so sore. So instead of working out, I read for awhile and then fell back asleep before finally getting up and making some breakfast. I made oatmeal in the microwave and topped it with cinnamon, banana slices, strawberry slices, and a packet of Wild Friends chocolate almond butter. On the restrictive diet my gastro placed me on I'm on I'm not supposed to have nut butters, but I cheated for one morning. I definitely did not feel good later though, so lesson learned- listen to your doctor! 

I hung out with my friends for a bit longer before driving home. The rest of the weekend was spent cleaning, running errands, and hiding from the snow. <- Yes snow in April UGH! On the bright side it's supposed to get nice and warm by the end of the week, WHOOP WHOOP!! 

What did you do this weekend? What's the best concert you've ever been to? Don't forget to head on over to instagram and watch the video from the concert, and if you make any of my recipes use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment