Wednesday, June 29, 2016

WIAW

Happy Wednesday!! It's officially halfway through the week and it's going to be a long weekend with the 4th of July holiday so I'm pretty pumped. I haven't done a 'What I Ate Wednesday' post in a long time so I thought heck why not? I love reading other bloggers WIAW posts because it gives me ideas for recipes and I'm just curious about that sort of thing, weird I know. 


Since I wake up ridiculously early and workout ridiculously early I don't eat breakfast beforehand. For some people that's a big no-no, but I cannot get a good workout in with food sloshing around in my stomach. I won't feel good and I certainly won't get a good workout. Instead of breakfast I have 1 scoop of Vega protein and greens protein powder and I mix it with water. I mix it up the night before and put in the fridge because in the morning it will be super thick like a smoothie- it's so good! You can get the protein on Amazon or I get mine at Costco and it's a little bit cheaper. Some mornings I will also grab an energy ball to go with the protein powder, lately I've been having the vanilla chia energy balls. You can get that recipe here (it's only 4 ingredients and it's ready in under 5 minutes!).


When I come back from the gym I am almost always starving. Lifting weights and cardio does that to a person. I have to take some medicine before breakfast that requires me to wait to eat so I shower and get ready and then make breakfast. This is one of my favorite breakfasts: 1/2 cup gluten free oatmeal (I use Quaker) mixed with 2 Tablespoons chocolate protein powder (for some extra protein to keep me full) topped with sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, 1 teaspoon Wild Friends cinnamon raisin peanut butter, gluten free chocolate hazelnut granola (found at Fresh Thyme market) and finished off with a drizzle of Walden Farms chocolate sauce. 


When I find something I like I tend to stick with it, especially since I've already fit it into my macros and know it works. This has been the case with this lunch. I've eaten the same lunch for the past week and a half and still am not sick of it. It's an O'Dough's gluten free bagel thin (I HIGHLY recommend it!) topped with smashed avocado, spinach, tomato, organic turkey breast and 1 Tablespoon peach mango salsa. I had a peach with it and yes that's one peach- it was giant!


I had dinner with my parents and ended up eating basic bro food. My mom was grilling chicken so I had that (I added some ketchup later) and I threw a sweet potato onto the grill (at the suggestion of one of my IG friends) and made some green beans. I must say grilled sweet potato is SO GOOD! I sprayed mine with coconut oil before grilling it so it wouldn't stick and I seasoned it, but I cannot wait to grill another sweet potato tonight! 

What's your favorite food to grill? Do you have a go to meal that you love? Comment below and share your WIAW links so I can take a peak! 

No comments:

Post a Comment