Friday, July 15, 2016

Friday Favorites #2

Happy Friday!! Is it just me or has it seemed like a really long week? I can't complain though because the weather has been absolutely gorgeous- 90-95F degrees and perfectly sunny. The humidity has been another story, but I crave days like these in the dead of winter.

Moving on, two weeks ago I did a Friday Favorites post and it seemed to be pretty popular so I thought I'd do another one. Just be warned it's a random mishmosh (does anyone still say that?) of things.


Of course I had to put paddleboarding first! I've been paddleboarding a number of times over the past week with friends and solo and every time I fall more in love with it. It's a fantastic workout because it works your entire body, I even got some of my friends to try doing yoga on it with me and it's hard than you think! We've been getting Groupons for board rentals, but now I'm looking into buying my own board because why keep spending money renting a board? If you've never been definitely try it out!


Earth Balance creamy coconut peanut butter is kind of my new obsession. The coconut tastes so real, no artificial junk here! My body is still having a very hard time with fats, specifically peanut butter so my doctor and I have been working on it. I'm eating anywhere from 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon a day and hoping that overtime my body will get used to the fat, so far no luck, but I'm not about to quit trying, especially with peanut butter that tastes this good!


Have you ever heard of the book The 5 Love Languages? It's been around for awhile and I had to do some work on it in college, but I never gave it much thought. A friend of mine was showing me the results from the quiz she had taken that showed her love languages. She got me to take the quiz too (it's free!) and I have to say the results are pretty accurate. I'd much rather have someone do something for me, like empty the dishwasher, or spend time with someone rather than receiving a gift. I'm also not a touchy feely person, nor have I ever been so that was spot on. The only thing that I felt was wrong is in certain situations these change. For instance, when I go to someone's house I always try to bring a baked good with me, that could be interpreted as a gift, but really I try not to show up anywhere empty handed. Also, with certain people I tend to be more touchy feely. When I was in a long term relationship cuddling/hand holding/etc. made me feel safe and secure, but with friends and family I'm not touchy feely (minus my dog who I love cuddling with). Take the quiz (REALLY IT'S FREE!!) and comment below with your results because I'm curious now!


I met up with a friend for lunch at Panera last week and was immediately reminded why I love it so much. It's such a cozy atmosphere. It reminds me of fall where i want to wear chunky sweaters and sip hot tea in front of the fireplace. I have no idea why it reminds of that but it does. Anyway, I was also reminded of how awesome my local Panera is about accommodating food allergies. I really wanted the Thai Chicken salad so they made it work for me! The service was fantastic, the salad was delicious and the company was even better. I left with a very full heart (and tummy). 


Lastly, of course I'm loving Cora! She hasn't made a blog appearance in awhile so that needed to change. This goofball has been loving the summer weather. Technically she loves all weather (minus downpours) but she loves playing in the lake. I'm pretty sure she's half fish because I have to physically get her out of the water or she'd be in there 24/7. I have to give her a bath once a week because she spends so much time in the lake that she stinks. I still love her to pieces though, even when she is stinky.

Now it's your turn! What are some of your current favorites? Comment below and tell me and tell me your results of the 5 Love Languages quiz! Have a wonderful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment