1. One more reason to love fall is for all the yummy squash. I eat squash pretty much year round but nothing tastes better than fresh squash in the fall. My grocery store finally has a giant selection of squash in and I couldn't be happier. I just roasted my first buttercup squash, my favorite, of the fall and have been eating it mashed all week😋
2. Bob's Red Mill oatmeal cups are seriously a life savor! I was traveling this past weekend and didn't have access to my kitchen but I still wanted to oats after my morning runs so I packed two of these to go cups. All you have to do is add hot water and let it sit for 3 minutes and BAMB done! I packed some fruit to throw in with the oats because doesn't everyone travel with fruit😜
3. Speaking of getaways while we were out in Grand Rapids we trekked out to Grand Haven which is one of my favorite places. I could stay at the beach forever because it's so peaceful. Watching the waves and soaking up the sunshine is my idea of a perfect day. My soul felt so free at the beach and nothing beat walking along the beach with my favorite person. I was really sad that the pier which goes out to the lighthouse was closed because it is being rebuilt. We walked along the boardwalk and all along the beach. It hasn't even been a week but I miss the beach so much.
4. I have a new favorite hangout place in Grand Rapids- Z's Bar and Restaurant. I talked about it in yesterday's post. It had a super casual atmosphere and tons of TV's so it was great for a night of football watching. They also make an insanely delicious margarita. Next time I am in town I will definitely be back.
5. Once I got over food poisoning (again see yesterday's post) I made the drive to an area health food store to pick up a few items. I needed some fruit so I picked up raspberries and blackberries because they were both on sale, but I also nabbed two packages of Purely Elizabeth granola because they were on sale 2 for $10! While I was there I also picked up a tropical trail mix sans nuts because I can't have the fats and they had Wild Friends pumpkin spice so I picked up one jar to include in a care package since nut butters still makes me sick😭
6. Yesterday I was on the go all day, I actually got to wear heels and dressy clothes so I was pumped- I love an excuse to dress up and yes I am wearing purple pants. But because I had a prior engagement at 11am and couldn't pack a lunch I was stuck eating what I could carry on me. I packed a chocolate sea salt rxbar, my favorite flavor, and I had a banana in the car for once I got out. I don't normally have days like this but the rxbar did it's job of holding me over and not making me feel sick like other protein bars.
Have a great Thursday everyone! Do you have any fun weekend plans? Are you a college football (or sports) fan in general?