Happy Thursday friendly I apologize for being totally MIA this week from the blog and social media, I have been really sick and have been sleeping and seeing lots of doctors this week. I'm hoping to get rid of this bug quickly, but if anyone has any tips to get better quick please let me know! Despite being sick I wanted to keep on with thinking out loud Thursday so here we go...
1. I have gotten some questions about how I'm doing with my lupus flare so I wanted to address that, but first I want to say a big thank you! Thank you for all the sweet messages and notes, I really appreciate it! Aside from feeling crummy because I picked up a bug my doctors are trying to figure out the best course of treatment to get the lupus under control. Treating an autoimmune condition is not easy because everyone is very different so what works for one person won't necessarily work for another. Right now my main focus is on kicking this bug and then trying to get better overall. I have been resting LOTS and taking it super easy at the gym because I tire so easily right now.
2. On a funner note the awesome team at Daily Harvest sent me a case of their smoothies to test out. I'm super pumped to try them once my stomach settles down. Some of my friends have tried them and really liked them, plus their flavor combos sounds AMAZING!
3. My local grocery store has been carrying a ton more types of squash this year and I'm slowly working my way through trying them all out. One of the goodies I found was turban squash. I have yet to try it but I couldn't resist snapping a picture because it looks so cool! Has anyone tried turban squash before and/or have any recipe/cooking recommendations?
4. I have to take a minute to gloat because last Saturday was the U of M v. MSU rivalry game and U of M won!!! If you're a fellow Michigander or a college football fan in general you can always appreciate a good rivalry game. Michigan went into the game undefeated and let's just say MSU isn't having a great season. A few of my best friends went/go to MSU and I always root for them EXCEPT when they play U of M, I was born and raised a wolverine and my dad would probably kill me if I rooted for MSU in this game. My boyfriend and I were on opposite sides, he's a MSU fan, and let's just say I was much happier when the game ended than he was. I about died laughing at MSU's failed two point conversion attempt at the end of the game where Michigan picked off the ball and ran it for a touchdown. Needless to say it was a good weekend to be a wolverine! (cue the Michigan fight song)
5. Since I wasn't feeling good and there was a lot going on I didn't get a chance to carve my pumpkin until the day of Halloween. Cora is always fascinated by pumpkin carving, she likes to sniff pumpkin guts, but of course she wouldn't cooperate for a photo. I wish I had the talent to carve those really intricate pumpkin designs, but I don't so I always stick with a basic face and call it good.
6. The first day of November was GORGEOUS here in the mitten. It was 76F degrees and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Despite being sick I went with my family to a cider mill to enjoy the beautiful day. Apple picking season is pretty much over but that didn't stop us from enjoying walking through the orchard, feeding the horses, and soaking up the beautiful sunshine. I brought my professional camera along to capture some of the fall beauty and because I rarely get the chance to play around with photography. I had a blast capturing everything from fresh apples to fall colors. I've been sharing some of my photos on my instagram.
7. Fellow midwesterners if you're looking for Wild Friends seasonal peanut butter flavors Fresh Thyme stores carry them! I popped in Fresh Thyme to pick up some raspberries and was pumped to find a display. Even though I can't have nut butter I will definitely be picking some up to include in Christmas packages for my friends! If you get the stores app there is a coupon for Wild Friends nut butters too and who doesn't love saving money?!
I'll end things on lucky number seven today. Have a great Thursday and I hope to be back in full force next week!