1. Stress has been the name of the game in my life for the past two months so I decided to treat myself to some relaxation time. I picked up one of my favorite face masks at Target and settled in for a little me time. Que Bella are my favorite face masks because they leave my skin so refreshed and soft, I definitely recommend trying them out. I picked up an extra face mask that I'm going to use tonight👌
2. I got to babysit two of my baby cousins last week and they were so stinking cute. It was freezing cold outside so I couldn't take them out to play so I brought the goods to make cookies and the movie The Secret Life of Pets. Normally I don't let kids watch TV but I made an exception and they were really excited about it. It was the first time I had seen the movie and it was really cute, the storyline was kind of similar to Finding Nemo, but it was good nonetheless.
3. My brother and his girlfriend got me a waffle maker for Christmas since my old one died and I have been putting it to use! I've probably made a dozen waffles since I got it Christmas morning. I'm going to be sharing my favorite protein waffle tomorrow- it's made with only four ingredients, ready in less than 5 minutes, is low carb, and will keep you full for hours. I think y'all are really going to like it and I'm super pumped to share it with you guys😋
4. The weather has been really wacky the past few days and Cora has been going crazy being cooped up indoors. I found a giant Christmas tree tough toy on clearance at Home Goods so I picked it up. Needless to say she made quick work of it and in a matter of 10 minutes it looked like her toy had exploded in my living room, every time I thought there couldn't possibly be anymore stuffing in the dang toy NOPE. So much for being a tough toy😒
5. Is anyone else loving the cut out shoulders right now?! I've seen so many people hating on them and saying the trend needs to go but I'm loving it! Every time I've worn this shirt I've gotten tons of compliments on it. Call me crazy but this is one fashion trend I don't mind.
6. I was given a giftcard to Panera for Christmas and I finally got around to trying their new roasted beet and citrus salad. I had the salad with cheese and pecans and added chicken for protein. I loved the roasted beets, I thought they were fantastic, but I was disappointed because my salad had two slices of citrus. The salad was good, but I think I'm going to stick to my normal Thai chicken salad.
7. While I was at Home Goods this week looking for a new comforter I came across this sign and laughed. I snapped a pic and sent it to my best friend who shares my love of wine. Why is it when I go to Home Goods I always find a bunch of cute stuff but I never find what I go there looking for? I've been searching everywhere for a new comforter and have had zero luck, if anyone has any recommendations of where to get a thick comforter please let me know.
8. Chipotle date night is back🙌 while my boyfriend was on break over Christmas we were super low key and hardly went out. Over the weekend we had a hankering for Chipotle so after we picked up a few things at the grocery store we grabbed Chipotle and hunkered down for a movie night. Neither of us are big on going out, once in awhile we will go to a bar with friends to catch a hockey game or football game, but we are perfectly happy staying at home and watching a movie.
9. Speaking of movies I've seen more movies in the past two weeks than I've seen in the last eight years. Sad but true. My boyfriend and I went and saw the new James Franco movie, Why Him. We are both really big James Franco fans and I must say I don't know the last time I laughed so hard at a movie😂 it is in my top favorite movies and by far my favorite James Franco movie. He plays an over the top character but he does is SO WELL🙌 props to James Franco and if you're in need of a laugh I definitely recommend seeing Why Him😂
10. I've been lengthening out my long runs and I'm so pumped because I ran my furthest distance to date on Tuesday🙌 I was even more excited because it was totally pain free and at the end I felt fantastic and like I could go even further. Lupus has made running really hard for me and made me slower, but I can still run and for that I'm thankful.
I'll end things there this week, happy Thursday and have a great weekend!
What has been one of your joys this week?
What is one way you like to treat yourself after a stressful day/week?