Happy Thursday! This week has felt so long, it might have something to do with me being incredibly sleep deprived, nonetheless I'm ready for the weekend. If there's a bunch of spelling and grammatical errors I apologize and blame the lack of sleep. Let's jump right into this weeks thinking out loud.
1. Valentine's Day is still basically a month away but the stores have had their displays up since the day after Christmas and I'm kind of tired of it. I tend to think Valentine's Day is overrated anyway. Maybe I'm just a party pooper but I have always subscribed the idea that if you love someone you should tell them every single day, not just show it one day of the year. Of course it's fun to celebrate and do things together but I'd rather do little things throughout the year for each other. I also don't like candy so maybe that's part of the reason I don't like Valentine's Day🙊
2. Let me start by saying I hated on DNCE so hard because I cannot stand their song Toothbrush, do we really need to sing about a toothbrush?! I was scrolling through the iTunes store and this popped up as a recommendation so I previewed the song and I actually liked it😳 It's a slower song and it actually tells a story, unlike Cake by the Ocean. I found it really relatable, especially where they sing I love you more than you love me.
3. One of my friends from college and I always joked that were really old ladies because we loved to watch HGTV. This popped up on my Facebook feed the other day and I had to laugh because I never understood why my parents watched all those home renovation shows when I was younger, but now I'll sometimes watch them with my parents😂 I love looking at all the beautiful homes and getting ideas for my future home. I also love me some Fixer Upper, Chip and Joanna seem so down to earth and fun.
4. I FINALLY got a chance to skate on the lake. With everything going on I've hardly had a moment to breathe so when I got some down time over the weekend I broke out the skates, tapped up the sticks, grabbed a puck, and headed out on the lake. My boyfriend came over and we passed the puck around for awhile and for never playing hockey he caught on to passing fairly quick. I also grabbed a tennis ball to pass around for Cora. She loved running along the ice with us while we skated and passed the puck, she was so tired the next day she slept almost the entire day.
5. You know you're officially old when you like grocery shopping. Granted I've always liked grocery shopping, but it was a moment I had to myself. There was so many epic sales on fruits and veggies so I stocked up. I got organic avocados for 66 cents each and blueberries were 98 cents! Yes, I really do get excited about these things, sad but true.
6. I shared this on instagram but I think it's worth sharing again. I found this sticky note on the mirror at the gym and I loved it. It's so easy to get caught up in the comparison game and find our flaws, but we need to appreciate our bodies for what they can do. Love yourself, love your body and embrace your flaws because they make you you.
I'll end things there this week, have a great Thursday and remember to smile😀
What is your favorite way to spend time outside in the winter?
If you could go back and tell your younger self one thing what would you say?