Thursday, February 23, 2017

Sunshine and Sleep Deprivation: Thinking Out Loud #25

Happy Thursday! This week has been AMAZING because it has been in the 50's-60's every single day🙌 This weather is basically unheard of in Michigan in February, but I know winter will make it's return and probably dump a ton of snow on us. In the meantime, I'm going to soak up all the sunshine and warm weather while I can. On that very happy note let's jump into this week's thinking out loud!


1. I have chronic insomnia and it's been that way for 5+ years. I've been to TONS of doctors, have tried a zillion remedies but nothing has ever worked. All my doctors have attributed it to lupus, which can cause insomnia, but I'm desperate for sleep. I'm dead tired and no matter how early I go to bed I toss and turn for hours and usually end up with 3-4 hours of sleep. Does anyone else suffer from chronic insomnia? If so, what helps you sleep? I have tried sleepy time yoga, tea that supposed to help you sleep, all kinds of supplements, I don't have any screens in the bedroom but nothing works. Any and all advice would be appreciated. 


2. I babysat earlier this week and it was too nice to stay inside with the kiddos, so I took them to the park. Running around on the play structures, swinging on the swings, and playing on the teeter totter had me feeling like a kid again- it also had me exhausted😂 You are NEVER too old to play on a playground.


3. Did anyone else see the live feed of the bull that was running loose in New York on Tuesday? I was dying of laughter and was pretty entertained. I watched the live feed while eating lunch and it was an impressive chase. It eluded officers for a long time, but was eventually captured. My favorite part of the chase was when the bull was running down the street and officers on foot were full blown sprinting to try and catch it😂


4. I had a meeting earlier in the week that was down the road from a Whole Foods. Of course I had to stop in after the meeting and wander the aisles- aka try not to blow my bank account in the store. I managed to contain myself and only get the items I needed, but I saw the new GinnyBakes packaging and it's so cute! I'm a total marketing nerd, but the new design is amazing! The colors make it pop and definitely grabs your attention. Does anyone else notice  these kind of things? No. Only me? Ok, moving on...


5. One of my friends posted a Buzzfeed about things everyone can relate to. I did relate to most of the things the article mentioned, but "the chair" resonated with me the most. I do this all the time and I annoy myself doing it. I'm a chronic outfit changer so I toss the old outfit on the chair in my bedroom, which is silly because I have a hamper in my bedroom. I have to take care of it before bed otherwise it annoys me knowing it's there but every day it happens all over again🙈


6. This is also me😂 I will try to juggle as many bags as possible so I don't have to make a second trip because I don't want to make a second trip. Normally by the time I get in the house I have lost circulation in my arms because the bags are digging in, but if I've made it in one trip then I count it as a success😏


7. I'm finally getting back into my oatmeal game. I haven't spent much time on social media in recent weeks because I have been enjoying living in the moment. Plus a few weeks ago I found myself playing the comparison game so I decided to take a step back and live in the moment. It's helped me keep perspective and spending time with loved ones is WAY more important than social media😉

I'm going to end things here for now, but I have some exciting posts and news to share with you guys next week so be on the lookout! Have a terrific Thursday and an amazing weekend🎉

Can you relate to "the chair" or trying to get everything out of the car in one trip?
What is your favorite way to spend time outside?

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean by living in the moment; I've taken less pictures of events this year than last year because i just wanted to enjoy the moment.

    And I can TOTALLY relate to trying to bring all the groceries in at one time; my arm feels like it's going to break, but at least I got them all inside. O_O

    I'm super excited about your exciting news; that makes me anticipate next week! :)

    Also, my favorite way to be outside is definitely running or snowboarding... They're just so awesome.

    It made my heart happy to see that you got to take the kids outside this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try drinking a cup of magnesium citrate and taking a melatonin supplement about an hour or 90 mins before bedtime. Works very well for me, who is also a very poor sleeper!

    ReplyDelete