Thursday we meet again. I swear Thursdays always sneak up on me but I have no complaints seeing as Thursday is pre-Friday🎉 As always this is going to be all over the place, but that's what thinking out loud is for! Let's go!
1. I have always been a HUGE John Mayer fan but this song has been on repeat all week. It's a few years old but it is the sweetest song ever💜 I watched a proposal video that was set to this song and a few tears might have been shed because the videography was so well done and this song is just perfect.
2. Saturday night is always date night for my boyfriend and I and last week we had the randomest combo of food. We were both craving Mexican food so we got takeout for dinner but then I really wanted frozen yogurt, but obviously I can't have it because I can't have dairy. We went on Yelp (best site ever🙌) and found a place 20 minutes away that had gluten and dairy free frozen yogurt! It was TOTALLY worth the drive and I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in vegan frozen yogurt. They shop was adorable and had a ton of options for food allergy peps. I got chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla dairy free frozen yogurt and topped it with sprinkles and dairy free chocolate chips😋 even my BF had some dairy free frozen yogurt and liked it- miracles do happen😜!!
3. My friends and I have been going a local rink on the weekends for open skate since the lake isn't safe to skate on. One of my friends didn't know how to skate so I worked with her and she did really good, but I was exhausted after an hour and a half of catching her before she fell. It was a good workout and it was a ton of fun, plus its cheap entertainment.
4. I have finally been spending some time in the kitchen testing new recipes. It's been a long time since I have done any real recipe testing because I have had a TON of stomach issues, but that's a story for another time. I wanted to create a fun, easy, and allergy friendly recipe for Valentine's Day so I recreated my mom's peanut butter cookies and they were a huge hit! I made them gluten and dairy free and if you don't have to worry about those things then there's options for you too. They are so easy to make and would be the perfect homemade Valentine's Day gift🍪 Get the recipe and directions here.
5. I cannot be the only pet owner who talks to their pet- I also sing to her but that's another story. I was talking to Cora expressing some frustration and this is the look she gave me. I immediately started laughing and of course stopped what I was doing to play with her. Dogs are the best therapy🐶
6. This week I've been taking it easy at the gym and really eased up on my running. I have been extremely fatigued, way more than just normal lupus fatigue, which I think in part is due to the fact I've been getting like 3 hours of sleep🙈 I ran on Tuesday and my legs hurt and felt like so I've been taking time off to rest and recover. I absolutly HATE taking time off from running because it's my favorite way to spend time thinking and decompressing but sometimes the body needs rest and I'm going to rest so I don't wind up getting hurt.
7. There is so much negativity out there right now. Every time I see the news while I run there's acts of hatred toward one another and it breaks my heart. I heard this quote a long time ago and resonated with me. Being good to people is an amazing legacy to leave behind and I would rather be remembered for being good to people and loving them than for my political beliefs. Love without abandon for we are all humans.
Have a great Thursday and a fantastic weekend😘
What is your favorite way to decompress after a long or stressful day?
Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?