Thursday, March 2, 2017

Palm Trees and Paradise: Thinking Out Loud #26

Happy Thursday! I am pretty excited about today's thinking out loud because I am sharing it from the beautiful state of Hawaii🌴🌸 With everything that has happened recently I needed an escape and what better place to escape to than Hawaii? So far there has been tons of beach time but also time for exploring and up next is paddleboarding, which I am SUPER pumped about😁 


1.  I have a love/hate relationship with flying. On one hand I'm so thankful for the ability to jet off and go on vacation on the other hand flying is a pain. There's long security lines, I always have to pack food- which involves figuring out what foods I can get through TSA- and then there's always the planes which haven't been cleaned in, well probably ever😳 I'm that person who brings lysol wipes and wipes down my seat, tray table and basically everything in my vicinity. I'm also that unfortunate person that whenever I get up to go to the bathroom we hit horrible turbulence. On the positive side I love that it makes traveling more efficient and sunsets in the sky are amazing.


2. Nothing beats landing in Hawaii, especially after over six hours in an airplane plus a flight the night before. There's something about stepping off the plane into the warm air, there's palm trees and you just exhale and feel relaxed😎 driving in Hawaii is also something I love. There are gorgeous views everywhere, whether it's the mountains, or the ocean, or flowers, literally everything is gorgeous. 


3. LOCAL KOMBUCHA!! Oh my goodness Kauai Juice Co. I don't know what you do to your kombucha but it's AMAZING🙌 It makes me never want to drink any other brand of kombucha ever again because it's that good.


4. Even though I'm on vacation I am still fitting in my workouts. The local gym is small, but has a free weights, machines, a bosu ball🙌 and a decent amount of cardio equipment. I'm maintaining my lifting and running schedule because I genuinely love those things and it helps me get my day going. If you've never used a bosu ball I highly recommend trying one out. Planks on a bosu ball are much harder, but you can do push ups, squats, mountain climbers and so much more on them. It's a fantastic tool to have.


5. My new favorite post workout ritual is cooling off in the ocean. When I finish my run and cool down I take my shoes off and head into the water. I only go in a little ways but it definitely helps me cool down. I don't think I could ever tire of cooling off in the ocean or running in Hawaii. 


6. Speaking of running in Hawaii, can we all just take a moment to appreciate that view😍 I feel like I'm running in a dream because no matter where I look it's beautiful. There's an amazing running/biking path nearby and I have been using it everyday. I can't imagine getting to run looking at the mountains and the ocean everyday. Also my shorts are from Carrie Underwood's Calia line and they are the most comfortable running shorts I have ever owned. I'm not paid to say that, I genuinely just love them that much. Please excuse my dorkiness and overly happy run face in this photo😁


7. I'll end with this beautiful view from the beach. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be here, but I do miss my puppy. If you want to see more pictures from my adventure follow along on my instagram.

Have a terrific Thursday and a fantastic weekend!

What is your favorite place that you have traveled to and why?
If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

No comments:

Post a Comment