Thursday, April 27, 2017

Spring Has Sprung: Thinking Out Loud #34

Happy Thursday! This post is going up much later than it was supposed to but sometimes life happens. This week has been incredibly chaotic and for once I'm actually looking forward to a rainy weekend to relax and unwind. Anyone else down for a lazy weekend🙋 On that note I'm just going to jump right into this weeks thinking out loud.


1. Spring is slowly but surely arriving in the mitten! This past weekend was gorgeous so a friend and I took full advantage of the weather by taking a mini road trip to a town that has a super cute downtown. We walked around, window shopped, and ate froyo in the park. There was a wedding party taking pictures while we were there and the brides dress was stunning. It was the perfect day to be outside. 


2. Sunday was an exciting day for me because for the first time in I don't know how long I had a totally pain free run🎉🎉 I had a longer run planned, but I stuck with six miles because I had some home construction projects on tap for the day and didn't want to be totally exhausted. Living with lupus and chronic pain and fatigue makes running far more difficult than it is for the average healthy person. I took it slow and steady, but all in all it felt great and I can't wait to push myself more.


3. Cora has been LOVING the beautiful weather. We have been spending tons of time outside soaking up tons of vitamin D. Her favorite thing to do is play frisbee so we've been doing lots of that, but it's been almost impossible to get her out of the lake. I'm telling you she's half fish🐟


4. I stumbled upon this shirt while I out running errands this week and I had to get it because it totally fits my personality. It says, "I just want to drink wine, do yoga, and sleep." The only thing missing is running and lifting and it would be me to a T. It's ridiculously comfortable too. For those wondering the top is from Betsy Johnson and I got the x-small, but even that is a tad big. 


5. Tuesday I was running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. There was so many places I had to go and as I made my way through the list I wound up near a Whole Foods. I had a list of produce that I needed to pick up so I just stopped in and got it there. Berries were all on sale and on the Whole Foods app there was a coupon for berries so I saved even more🙌 I also got a salad from the salad bar because I was starving and no one wants me driving around hangry😳


6. I LOVE this quote. So many awesome quotes have been popping up on my pinterest feed recently and I have zero complaints. I've been sharing some of my favorites on my instagram stories. This quote is incredibly fitting for this week as I have received a number of rather mean comments and emails. Honestly, what the people had to say had zero effect on me. I didn't even bother replying because I have better things to do with my time. Who those people thought I was couldn't have been further from the truth and the people who actually know, know the kind of person I am. I'm a big believer that the words you say can reveal a lot about your character, so choose your words wisely, and for pete sake just be nice to others. Kindness gets you so much further in life.

I'm going to end things there this week. Don't forget to smile and have an amazing weekend😃

What is your favorite season and why?
If you could say one thing to your younger self what would you say?

1 comment:

  1. I love that last quote. It reminds me of the Bible verse that says, 'A good name is to be desired more than great riches.' (It's from Prov. 22).

    It's so cool that your dog loves water; our dogs are quite the opposite. They really don't like water, and baths are not frequent because of that.

    If I had to say something to my younger self, I would say, 'Pride always comes before a fall.' (I was a really really arrogant little girl.) Of course I still struggle with pride, but I'm thankful for God's patient grace in Jesus to me that has continued to humble me. . . It's definitely a process; sometimes it seems long but it's good.

    ReplyDelete