Thursday, June 29, 2017

T-Rex and Running: Thinking Out Loud #43

Happy Thursday! This week has felt like it's dragged on forever and I'm more than ready for it to be over. There's been a lot going on and my family lost a dear friend this week, so it's been a struggle to find a sense of balance. I have a post to share tomorrow about that so I'll save my thoughts on everything for that post. On the bright side, it's Thursday so that means it's time for thinking out loud.


1. For the first time in I don't know how long I actually went to the mall. It was a rainy day so a friend and I headed up to the mall and just wandered around and while doing so I stumbled upon a Ryan Gosling coloring book. I know people are obsessed with him and all those hey girl memes, but a coloring book?!


2. I've said it before, but I seriously have the most amazing best friend💜 We hadn't seen each other in almost 5 months because she's still away finishing up school. I was beyond excited to see her and catch up and I was in serious need of some BFF time. Of course we hit up (dairy free) froyo and I tried the bubblegum flavor. It definitely tasted like bubblegum, but I don't think it's a flavor I would get again. It was so nice to just hangout and decompress; plus it's impossible to be anything but happy around Kate, she's the most positive person I've ever met and I'm incredibly lucky she's my best friend.


3. Saturday I convinced a friend of mine to do a 5K with me. We saw a flyer for it back in March and I challenged her to do it because she kept saying she wasn't a runner. She put in the work, using a plan similar to the couch to 5K one, and ran the 5K. I was so stinking proud of her because I got her done SIX minutes sooner than her best time🙌 She still says she's not a runner, but she is because she did it and I couldn't be a prouder friend!


4. The medals we got for finishing the 5K were pretty cool. I loved the peace sign and it was a pretty easy and flat course to run. I had already logged 8 miles prior to the 5k, which the course ended up being measured wrong so we actually ran 3.3 miles😂 I was really happy with how my legs felt and I didn't have any pains at all so I was a happy camper, plus running with a friend always makes the time go by faster.


5. I celebrated my birthday with my parents a few days late, but the wait was 100% worth it. We drove all the way to the Cheesecake Factory, which is not a short drive by any means, but I got the tacos I had been craving since I got back from California. They have lettuce taco wraps that you can get either Mexican or Thai style and both are AMAZING😋 I went with the Thai ones this time around and they did not disappoint. The drive was worth it, plus it was nice to spend some time with my parents- you're never too old to celebrate a birthday with your parents😁


6. I got super excited when I stumbled across this water float on Amazon. I already have a giant swan float but a T-Rex might have to join the family. It just looks so fun and who wouldn't want to chill on a T-Rex? Plus I got an Amazon giftcard for my birthday so a T-Rex might just have to happen😬


7. I am in love with this quote😍 anyone who knows me knows I LOVE the ocean. Nothing makes me feel better than salty air and beach time. My cousin and I always say that the ocean heals all wounds and for us it's true, it's our place where we completely relax. I've laughed, cried, walked, ran, and so much more along the ocean. Listening to the ocean waves is soothing and makes me feel centered. I really do feel a sense of freedom near the ocean that I don't feel anywhere else. This quote just perfectly encapsulates those feelings for me.

I'm going to end things there this week, but have a terrific Thursday and check back tomorrow for a special post!

What's your favorite thing to do with friends?
Do you have any fun 4th of July plans?

1 comment:

  1. The ocean is such a peaceful place, such a reminder that the God who controls those waves, also holds us and cares for His children with sovereign unending love and compassion.

    I love that you persuaded your sweet friend to do a 5k. Those friends who will push you through a 5k are definitely few and far between; they are such a blessing.

    And I will be praying for sweet deep comfort for you Rachael in Jesus. He knows our sorrows. He knows our infirmities, and He cares far more deeply than any human being could. <3

    ReplyDelete