Happy Thursday! This week has flown by in an absolute blur, but it's been a good week so I can't complain. I took time out to head up north to spend some time with my parents and it was nice to get away for a few days. However, I'm very happy to be back in civilization with high speed wifi and the grocery store less than 10 minutes away- I'm definitely not cut out for rural living😂 Anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud!
1. Northern Michigan in the summertime is beautiful. There's so many things to do outdoors and it's the one time of year where there's not snow on the ground so it makes exploring a little easier. While it is beautiful and peaceful living in the muddle of nowhere isn't for me. I like having a 24/7 gym and having a Target less than 15 minutes away.
2. There is a gym in the small town I was in, but their hours were super weird. I still made it a priority to go and workout, especially since I needed to do my physical therapy work. I'm much more thankful for a 24hour gym now because having to wait until 9am to go workout drove me crazy. My knee has not made nearly the progress my physical therapist and I were hoping it would. At the end of this week I'm being evaluated to figure out what the next steps are and if surgery is possibly needed.
3. Since I still can't run and the gym didn't open until 9am I took to long morning trail walks. I'd head out and watch the sunrise along the trails. It was incredibly beautiful and peaceful, but I still miss running those trails. Nothing beats breathing in the clean, cool, summer air of Northern Michigan. If you've never been add it to your bucketlist because there are TONS of waterfalls, amazing trails, and really beautiful scenery to explore.
4. While out walking one morning I stumbled upon a smiley face someone had spray painted on the road. It made me smile right away, plus it was before a big hill which definitely was taxing on my knee. Sometimes even just a smile ca turn even the saddest of days around.
5. I got lots of cuddle time in with Cora. She was always exhausted by the end of the day because there is so much for her to chase and explore up there. She saw a garner snake for the first time and was immediately fascinated, while I know the snake can't hurt her I was still concerned, but it kept her busy and out of trouble so I can't complain.
6. I stumbled across these bites by Enjoy life while I was at the grocery store and they are SO GOOD😍 there's a hard chocolate coating and a small burst of cinnamon at the end. They're delicious, although a tad pricey, but 100% worth it in my books.
7. For those who don't believe being hangry can cause serious issues, this woman is evidence. Apparently hanger got the best of her😳 While I would never stab anyone there have been several scientific studies which have shown hanger is real and can make people do crazy things, however, stabbing someone is never acceptable.
8. And of course I have to end with a quote. Be a good person to everyone you come across, even the people who are rude and don't deserve it. Being good will speak volumes about who you are as a person and it leaves a good impression with everyone.
I'm going to end things there this week, have a terrific Thursday and an amazing weekend🎉🎉🎉
What is your favorite snack?
Are you more of a city person or more of a rural person and why?