Thursday, September 14, 2017

Moving on and Irma: Thinking Out Loud #54

Happy Thursday! One of these days I'm going to post other than on a Thursday but life is just way too chaotic currently for that. It's my last week in Michigan and it's been bittersweet. I've gotten to see so many friends and family members to say goodbye, but it really isn't goodbye. Thankfully it's much easier to stay connected now with technology, but distance makes it a little harder to hangout when you're not in the same state. Anyway let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud, which is also kind of a catch up/recently post!


1. My heart goes out to all of those affected by Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Harvey because both places have a long road to recovery. The pictures break my heart because what's left of the Florida Keys and in the Caribbean is absolute destruction. So many people, including myself, have friends and family in the areas affected so my number one priority was making sure they were safe. Thankfully they were ok and just left with some property damage. Property can be replaced but people can't be. Michigan is now getting some of the remnants of what was Hurricane Irma. I watched some of the clouds roll in this morning and it was a pretty cool sight to see. The circular bands of clouds looked amazing against the morning sunrise.

2. Speaking of family, I was so blessed because my family came together one last time so everyone could say goodbye to me before I moved. I got to see all my cousins, which almost never happens since most of them have their own families now. My two baby cousins were absolutely adorable and could not stop hugging me and telling me not to go💜 I'm incredibly blessed to have such a fantastic support system and while I'll miss my family, I'm very excited for this new adventure.

3. With all the craziness of packing I needed some down time. My boyfriend and I decided to take a mini road trip out to the cider mill. While we were driving we passed a place called Hoffman Farms and noticed they had a wine tasting room. The cider mill was absolutely PACKED, granted it was the weekend but holy moly, so we made a u-turn and went back to Hoffman Farms. We sample six wines and then got a pint of hard cider. The farm was gorgeous, the atmosphere was so relaxed and it was so nice to take a step back and unwind for a few. If you ever end up in Michigan I highly recommend checking out Hoffman Farms for a wine tasting, it was fantastic👌

4. Is it even the weekend without froyo? I indulged in some froyo after an amazing date night with my boyfriend. I literally cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard or had so much fun doing something so simple. Find someone who makes you laugh and makes the stressful times a little less stressful. Besides, he puts up with my sprinkle addiction😜

5. I actually got a haircut! I literally cannot remember the last time I got a haircut so I stopped by my cousins salon and to get my hair back to being healthy💇  I rarely get haircuts, my hair just doesn't grow that fast anymore but I wanted healthy hair for when I start my new job. Besides, there's something so refreshing about walking out of a salon with fresh and healthy hair!

6. After my haircut I stopped by Aerie to pick up an order. I ran across these sticky notes on the mirror and LOVED them! I've seen so much body shaming recently and find it really discouraging. These notes made my day and I absolutely love how Aerie promotes body positivity. I have zero problems supporting a company who uses real women, doesn't photoshop anyone, and makes women feel beautiful and empowered in their own skin. The real you is freaking sexy so own it and rock your body because you only get one.

7. This quote just felt fitting this week. Fears, tears, and years are all excellent teachers and looking back on some of the hard times that's where I have grown the most. Personal growth isn't always fun or easy and more often than not it's painful, but those growing pains are worth it in the end.

Have a terrific Thursday and an amazing weekend🎉🎉🎉

Looking back has fear, time or pain, or a combo of all three taught you the most?
What is your favorite way to spend a beautiful fall afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment