Thursday, October 5, 2017

New Job and Dog Stalking: Thinking Out Loud #57

Happy Thursday and happy October! It does not feel like fall in Nebraska seeing as it's still in the upper 70's and low 80's. I'm ok with summer holding on a little longer though because I know winter is right around the corner. This week has been hectic with officially starting my new job and I'm looking forward to getting in the swing of things to establish a new routine. I'm a creature of habit and routines just help me function better, have I mentioned that I'm really an old lady at heart👵 Anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud.


1. There's a dog in the house that backs up my buildings parking lot and he's simply the sweetest dog. He knows how to get attention because he just sits at the fence and wags his tail. Being the crazy dog lady that I am I couldn't resist petting him and he just eats up the attention. He wags his tail so hard his entire body moves, but it kills me because when I walk away this is the face he always gives me. I wish I could steal him and take him home with me, but I don't think the homeowners would be too happy with that. My boyfriend also reminded me that I can't just take peoples dogs no matter how cute they are😬


2. My apartment is FINALLY coming together. I unpacked the last moving box and it felt amazing! I still have some things I need to organize, but it feels like a home without boxes everywhere. I got some requests to show what my apartment looks like and where I purchased different items from. I took a quick picture of part of my living room and tagged the companies I purchased everything from. Everything was reasonably priced and I shopped a lot of sales because I love getting a good deal.


3. One of my newest indulgences is taking bubble baths. Maybe it's because I have my own bathtub now, but regardless it's so relaxing! One of my best friends sent me the sweetest package with some self care items and one of them was bubble bath. I've done it almost every night for a few minutes. For me it's a good way to relax and unwind from the day.


4. On another positive note my thumb is healing🙌 It finally closed up over the weekend and I have a scab, but I'm just thrilled it's closed. I'm so thankful for the doctors at urgent care who took good care of me. Needless to say I've been avoiding sharp kitchen knives since slicing myself. 


5. I'm officially a resident of Nebraska🎉 I just have to wait for my new license to arrive and then it will be really official, but I now have Nebraska license plates. I was sad to switch out my Michigan plates, but I'll always be a Michigan girl at heart.


6. I decided to splurge on myself and treat myself to Mexican from a place I tried when I came and visited back in August. It's called Chevy's and if you're ever in Nebraska I highly recommend it. I hear they have fantastic margaritas, but I haven't tried one yet so I can't confirm that yet.Their fajitas are AMAZING and they make the best homemade salsa😋


7. This quote has been my mantra this week as I started my new job. It's scary to start something totally new, in a new state far away from all my family and friends, but I love knowing I have a heavenly family cheering me on. Never give up because you have a father who never gives up on you and is always cheering you on.

Have a terrific Thursday and a fantastic weekend everyone🎉🎉🎉

Do you have a quote that brings you comfort when you start a new phase of life or need to tackle a new challenge?

What is one way you like to indulge in self care?

3 comments:

  1. I would totally want to steal that dog too. lol Maybe you can become friends with the family and take the dog for walks and stuff? That wouldn't be a total creeper thing to do...right? Nahhh..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this verse from Proverbs 16:9, 'A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.'

    And a sweet dog is so hard to resist, but I have to remind myself that we have 5 dogs at home. We've seen so many stray dogs on our trip here to Europe; most of them are mutts, and they look sooo sad. It makes me sad, but I'm also grateful that our dogs have a good home. It makes me want to take care of them as best as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felt great to know internet has still amazing blogs like this.
    resumeyard.com

    ReplyDelete