Thursday, November 16, 2017

Cooking, Candles, & Taylor Swift: Thinking Out Loud #63

Happy Thursday! Technically it's only my weekend, but I am more than happy to have two days off. This past week is one I wouldn't mind forgetting. As much as I love my job not everyday is peaches and rainbows, but it will pass and I get some much needed down time. Anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud.



1. Yesterday I got to attend a student culinary competition and I had my mind blown. The students were all in high school and I was blown away by some of their creations. They were crafting some amazing decorations for desserts. This fruit sculpture was my favorite creation I saw today, but there was so many amazing pieces it was hard to pick just one favorite. Fingers crossed that next year I can be a taste tester😋



2. This dog will be the death of me. Every time I leave my apartment and she's at the fence and I can't come pet her she gives me the stink face. She's so stinking sweet and her sweet kisses and genuine excitement never fails to make my day. This week has been rough, but even just a few moments petting her after work have my day so much better. Dogs are beyond a doubt the best therapy🐶



3. I rarely watch TV, ironic I know because I'm news reporter, but my parents were into HGTV so I used to watch it sometimes with them. Well Chip and JoAnna Gains launched a line at Target and it's SO CUTE!! Their candles smell amazing and I'm going to pick up a few pieces from the line for Christmas presents. This candle was my favorite and it smelled so good. I definitely recommend checking out the line👌



4. Unless you've lived under a rock you probably know that Taylor Swift released a new album. I've been a fan since the beginning, but this album was definitely different from her previous ones. There's a note in the beginning album that just hit close to home. I've never understood why people constantly feel the need to dig into her personal life, let a gal live her life! Anyway my favorite songs off the album so far are New Year's Day, Call It What You Want, Delicate, and Getaway Car. 



5. These brownie cookies have been a hit in the newsroom. They're super easy to make and don't contain any crazy ingredients, so they're great to whip of the day of if needed. I've made a few batches this past week and have been asked for the recipe multiple times. I know I'll be making them again for the newsroom soon🍪



6. This quote has been stuck in my heart all week and wanted to share it. It's a quote that doesn't need any explanation💜

Have a terrific Thursday and have an amazing weekend!! 

Have you listened to Taylor Swift's new album, if so what are you thoughts/current favorite songs?
What are you looking forward to the most about the holidays?

1 comment:

  1. Those cookies look so good. I need to try those...

    And I haven't listened to Taylor's new album yet, have to get on that!

    ReplyDelete