Thursday, November 9, 2017

Emojis and Network News: Thinking Out Loud #62

Happy Thursday! Honestly this week has been pretty ho hum, which I'm more than fine with because normally I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It also makes for a not so interesting week to share with you guys🤷 Anyway let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud.


1. I got to go to the Nebraska state capitol for the first time and holy smokes it's amazing! The inside is stunning with so much intricate tile work and artwork displayed, I was pretty blown away. Needless to say I was so not expecting, but it was a good surprise. 


2. Even though this is semi old I realized I never shared it and I was pretty excited about it. I did a story about local babies in the NICU at an area hospital who got Halloween costumes, which were pretty darn cute. I filmed a number of babies in the costumes, well the next morning the newsroom got a call and it was from network and they wanted my package. I was pretty excited about it, but really how can you not want to share adorable babies in halloween costumes?


3. Yesterday I got to play with an adorable dog after I interviewed a woman. The dog was so sweet, she was a total cuddle bug and before I put my gear away she climbed in the camera bag. I totally would have taken her back with me, but my boss might not have been too happy about a dog coming back with me. 


4. On a less fun note, I had to get a new phone because mine was dying. I had to fork over a ton of money to get a new iPhone because that's the only way I could get money for my old iPhone (rip phone). I ended up with the iPhone X and honestly the thing kind of terrifies me. The first thing I did was get a case because I've dropped my phone more than I care to admit, but I don't want to pay for a replacement phone. I can only imagine how much that would cost😳 On the plus side I got to play with the new animojis and they're totally hilarious and very amusing. However, animojis are not worth $1,200.


5. This quote has really resonated with me this week. Success, no matter what industry, does not happen overnight. It takes time to be successful and requires hard work day in and day out. Hard work shouldn't be feared though because it will pay off. You might not see the pay off immediately, but be patient it will happen.

Have a great Thursday and a great weekend everyone🎉🎉🎉

What are your weekend plans?
How do you like to relax after a long day?

4 comments:

  1. Love that quote! And I saw some story on the news about babies dressed up, I wonder if it was yours! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Network news used my footage with some other footage in a package that was voiced by another reporter, but it's possible you saw some of my work! That would be cool :)
      Have a terrific day gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. Good article, your sharing is so nice, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drop my phone so much too, and I'm thankful for cases O_O! Also, I love going to the Denver Capitol once a year or so, and it's fun to look inside. I'm not really a big city gal, but I think the architecture is cool. :)

    ReplyDelete