Thursday, November 30, 2017

Live Shots & Running: Thinking Out Loud #65

Happy Thursday! I am BEYOND glad it's Thursday because it's finally my weekend and after working over a week straight I'm exhausted. My weekend plans include a nice long nap and some time at the gym. This week has been challenging, but also a ton of fun. The unseasonably warm weather had me jumping for joy, but of course now it's cold that I finally have time off. Anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud.


1. Hands down the best part of being a reporter is all the people I get to meet and all the fun events I get to attend. I reported live from a tree lighting last weekend and the Chick-fil-A cow crashed my live shot along with two elves. It was such a blast and I got to meet viewer who were so sweet. I'm seriously in love with this city because people have been so welcoming. I never saw myself ending up here, but I'm glad work lead me here because in the short time I've been here the community has welcomed me with open arms and I'm just amazed at the kindness. 


2. Another part of my job that I love is every I get to dress up all the time. While some days I really don't feel like dressing up I generally love getting to look nice every day. I'm still looking for a few key pieces though, so if anyone has any suggestions of stores to check out- that aren't outrageously expensive- I'm all ears. 


3. Another really fun event I got to attend was a benefit for a local charity. The organization auctions off professionally decorated Christmas trees and all the proceeds go to the organization. While I wasn't a fan of the unicorns I LOVED all the glitter this tree had. It was so fun and unique that I kind of wanted it. 


4. The unseasonably warm weather has been AMAZING🙌 I got off a little before sunset on Black Friday so I hightailed it home and went for a quick run. I have been slowly getting back to running, but I'm taking it slow and following all the doctors orders. I've only been going short distances and keeping it at 2-3 times a week. Due to my schedule it's mostly been inside since I can't run in the middle of the day, but it's progress and that makes me happy.


5. I got to enjoy this stunning view on my run while the sun was setting. I soaked up every moment of the beauty because life is short and you have to enjoy the little things.


6. Of course I wanted to end on a quote, but this one one is technically. If you haven't heard the song New Years Day from Taylor Swift's new album I highly recommend it. It's a slow song, but it's very sweet and it reminds me of classic Taylor Swift.

Have a great Thursday and a fantastic weekend!!

What has been a good thing that has happened to you in the past week?
What are your thoughts about Prince Harry getting engaged? Do you even care?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I guess I'm not that involved in the royal family's life in England. I LOVE seeing how you're incorporating into the community so well Rachael; you are just so right for that job. It's cool that you get to involve yourself in so many different local events, meet different people, get fun pictures, and such; would you consider yourself an introvert or extrovert?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you Emily! I really love it here so far, everyone has been so kind and welcoming to me. I love getting to cover such a wide range of events. I'm definitely a combination of an introvert and an extravert. I thrive off being around people- I need that interaction and energy of being around others, but I also need to come home to quiet and to relax. I need that alone time where I can just be still. Are you an introvert or an extrovert or both?

      Delete