Thursday, December 7, 2017

Body Positivity and Christmas Lights: Thinking Out Loud #66

Happy Thursday! This past work week for me has felt like it's been never ending. Several big stories broke so there was lots of overtime, which is good for my bank account, but I'm not sure I've ever been so exhausted. Everything aches and several naps are in order for my weekend😴 Being a news reporter is nowhere near as glamorous as most people think, but I do get to share a lot of really cool stories. On the plus side it's almost Christmas!!! Anyway before I babble even more, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud!


1. I was feeling pretty sad that I wouldn't be able to be home for Christmas, sadly news doesn't have holidays so I'm working Christmas. While I was out last week I found a mini tree on clearance and I couldn't resist. I even got mini glitter ornaments from Target. It's definitely not the same as going home and being surrounded by family, but it beats not having any decoration. Plus it folds right back up and goes in a skinny box so storage isn't a problem👌 I still need to Christmas shop and I really need to get on it because I have to mail my family their presents so I have even less time to get it done🙆


2. I've loved glitter for my entire life much to my mom's dismay. Since I'm halfway across the country now I decided to buy glitter wrapping paper to wrap presents in, NEVER AGAIN. By the time I had wrapped one small box it looked like a glitter bomb had gone off in my apartment. I had glitter all over me, the floor in my apartment was covered, and somehow it managed to get on the walls? Still not sure how that happened. In the midst of the mess maintenance came knocking🙈 needless to say I will not be buying glitter paper again, but my love of glitter has not been tainted. 


3. Over the summer I took part in a body positivity shoot. One of my good friends from high school started a body positivity campaign called I love this part. Self love is something I think we all struggle with from time to time, some more than others, but being in a group of women and talking about our struggles was so mind opening because no matter how beautiful a person is or if they have the ideal body or not everyone struggles. It was so powerful to talk with the other women and share what we loved about ourselves and our bodies. Our bodies are all so different and so unique and that should be celebrated. I really encourage to check out the I love this part website and instagram because it's filled with inspiration and some really amazing women. In the coming weeks I'll share more of the photos from the shoot on my instagram page.


4. Having an autoimmune condition where I basically have no immune system makes me SUPER paranoid when people around me get sick. It's that time of year where people do start getting sick and with the flu shot only being 10% effective this year I'm uber paranoid. I've been taking lovebug probiotics every day to keep my gut healthy and body strong. They have several types that I rotate between, but during the cold months I take their Colds Sucks probiotics because it strengthens the bodies immunity. My body needs all the help it can get. I am in no way shape or form paid to say that, it's a product I genuinely love and support. They're more expensive than your average store brand probiotics, but you get what you pay for and I'd rather pay for a quality supplement where I know there's nothing funky in it than something questionable. 


5. I'm still slowly getting back into running. I knew getting back into it would be hard, but I forgot just how hard recovering from an injury is. I've gained strength from continued weight training and physical therapy, but it's frustrating because I used to pump out 12 miles with no problem. Now sometimes three is a struggle. My physical therapist and orthopedic surgeon have said it's totally normally and will take time, but I'm not the most patient person ever. I just want to be back running normally and pain free again.


6. This quote hit close to home for me this week. Sadly we live in a broken world where a lot of people only want what you for what you can give them. It's not fair and it's not right, but it's taught me who will always have my back and be there for me no matter what. Keep your inner circle close to you, but still be good to everyone even the users.

Have a good Thursday and a great weekend!

What is your favorite part about the Christmas/holiday season?
What is something you love about yourself?

2 comments:

  1. What a good reminder to keep that inner circle close to you; God has definitely so graciously gifted me with a strong inner circle, and I want to use that gift to reach out to more broken and hurting people with the love of Jesus.

    I LOVE that you took part in that shoot; you are SO beautiful; you radiate joy and thankfulness about your life and job. I'm thankful that you have such a good attitude about working on Christmas; that Christmas tree you got is really cute. I love the mini ones; for a long time we had a mini one. We just got a larger fake one this year.

    My favorite part about Christmas is definitely the baking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote though. <3 I've experienced a LOT of that this past year and it's been pretty tough. I'm glad I've been able to identify who's actually in that inner circle - it's mostly family - and who I can count on. I'm still generous and friendly and reliable but I'm much more cautious with relationships. Sometimes, It's just too much, you know?

    I like your little Christmas tree! And I like glitter too - I have so much leftover from previous Christmases that it just shows up without me having to buy any more! haha My favorite part about the holidays is baking. And eating. And giving. I don't care about the receiving. I just want to see my family happy. :)

    ReplyDelete