Thursday, December 21, 2017

Feeling Blessed: Thinking Out Loud #68

Happy Thursday! There's less than a week until Christmas, where has the time gone🙆 I avoided being a procrastinator this year, especially since I had to ship out all my gifts to friends and family so I'm fairly proud of that. Aside from the usual newsroom chaos, all I want for Christmas is a long nap. Like 12+ hours should do the trick, at least for awhile. Anyway let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud.


1. For the first time ever I changed my instagram profile picture. I guess I never cared that much about what my profile picture looked like, but when I participated in the body positivity campaign Melinda Hope Photography did a phenomenal job so I figured I would change it. Change is a good thing, right?



2. 62F degrees in the middle of December?! I'll happily take it! The temperature is supposed to rapidly change so I'm going to milk every second of this beautiful weather while I can. I wore a dress today with no tights or anything because it was gorgeous outside. I'm not looking forward to a long season of wearing only pants and freezing my butt off while I report outside. 



3. This year I participated in the Salvation Army's angel tree. My family and I have done it in years past, but since I don't really get a Christmas this year since I'll be working I wanted someone else to have a Christmas. I picked two children and both of them broke my heart. One wanted colored pencils and some art materials and the other only asked for a baseball. It seriously brought tears to my eyes because how insanely blessed I am. These kids ask for such basic things. I bought the little girl an awesome art kit, sketch pad, and some other supplies, while the little boy I got him a 12 pack of MLB official baseballs and a water bottle because if you're running around playing baseball then you're going to get thirsty right?


4. My parents have been keeping me updated on Cora. I miss her like crazy and I hate being away from her. When I mailed my Christmas present for my family of course I included a few presents for Cora (please tell me I'm not the only one who buys presents for their dogs?!). Cora still hasn't gotten the knack of opening presents down pat yet, but maybe this will be the year.


5. I tried the Gingerbread rxbar and I have to say I'm not a fan. A ton of breaking new stories happened all at once and I didn't have time to grab lunch, but I did have an rxbar on me so I ate it. I have to say I was pretty disappointed. I'll stick to the dark chocolate se salt ones from now on. 


6. Lastly, I always end with a quote and this one seemed fitting to me. I've really worked on being present this year and I think it's important to remember as Christmas approaches. Take time to just be present and enjoy the moment with friends and family. As you gather in places with other people take a minute to soak in all the love in the room and how incredibly blessed we are. Christmas always fills my heart with so much joy and I hope it does the same for you as well. 

Have a terrific Thursday and a great weekend, but more importantly, Merry Christmas! 

What are you looking forward to the most about Christmas? 
What is one thing you are thankful for this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment